OMV-Plugins not working on Fedaykin

• I can't seem to find any logs on transmission in /var/log/

This is what it contains:

Code
    alternatives.log  daemon.log  faillog         mail.log        samba
    apache2           debug       fontconfig.log  mail.warn       smartd.log
    apt               dmesg       fsck            messages        squeezeboxserver
    auth.log          dmesg.0     installer       minidlna.log    syslog
    autoshutdown.log  dmesg.1.gz  kern.log        news            upnp-av.log
    boot              dmesg.2.gz  lastlog         ntpstats        user.log
    bootstrap.log     dmesg.3.gz  lpr.log         openmediavault  watchdog
    btmp              dmesg.4.gz  mail.err        proftpd         wtmp
    cron-apt          dpkg.log    mail.info       rsyncd.log

I took a look at the daemons since the most obvious reason for not being able to connect to the webui is probably connected to the daemon.
    And look what I found out:

Code
    root@NAS:/etc/init.d# /etc/init.d/minidlna status
    minidlna is not running ... failed!
    root@NAS:/etc/init.d# /etc/init.d/transmission-daemon status
    transmission-daemon is not running ... failed!

But strangely enough, I can't seem to be able to start the daemons.. (?)

Code
    root@NAS:/etc/init.d# /etc/init.d/transmission-daemon start
    Starting bittorrent daemon: transmission-daemon.
    root@NAS:/etc/init.d# /etc/init.d/transmission-daemon status

I have no idea why this is an issue. I haven't tampered with any of the daemons as they were just installed along with the respective package... :shock:
    Any ideas?

• Please check /var/log/syslog you should see some error messages. Maybe you need to set a higher message Level.

• Zitat von "Marcel.Beck"

Please check /var/log/syslog you should see some error messages. Maybe you need to set a higher message Level.

I connected by Putty to the OMV and logged in as "root" then opened the syslog. It contained all sorts of messages, so I cleared the log and went out and ran these commands:

Code
    root@NAS:/var/log# /etc/init.d/transmission-daemon status
    root@NAS:/var/log# /etc/init.d/transmission-daemon start
    Starting bittorrent daemon: transmission-daemon (disabled) (warning).

...and then went back to look at the syslog.
    It contained nothing but a single entry from cron, which had nothing to do with the transmission-daemon.

This message level you mention; is it "Level of severity" you mean?
    Sorry for being such a burden. :|

UPDATE::

I searched around the net for some answers, but haven't really found anything.
    I just did another clean install of OMV and retried to get the plugins working - It didn't work.. :(
    I think the problem is something to do with the fact that the OMV-plugins are not running because their respective daemons are not. (See attached picture)

I've read somewhere on github that a plugin may fail because of missing permissions to the log file, but this I have tried too and didn't work.. :cry:
    As of now I'm kinda about på give up entirely unless anyone have an ide of what is wrong. I don't think I'm the only one having problems with the plugins, since the issues are described in many other comments in this thread...

• I'm not sure what you mean by message level, Marcel. I tried setting the "level of severity" to debug mode, so that everything is logged, but still no errors are written ther by any of the plugins/daemons.

Now I just reinstalled everything from scratch again and the same problem with transmissionbt and minidlna is there.. :(
    They still both show on the plugins page and in their own individual menu entry in the Service page, but the services are just not running.

Here's what I did:
    - Installed OMV
    - Upgraded OVM to 0.4.1 Fedaykin
    - Updated all plugins
    - Installed OMV-Plugins.org Plugin Download for OMV 0.4 (Fedaykin)
    - Updated all plugins
    - Activated only the stable and Donald repo
    - Updated all plugins
    - Installed transmissionbt and minidlna
    - Rebooted
    - Activated and set up transmissionbt and minidlna in their own individual menu entry in the Service page
    - Checked wether transmission-daemon and minidlna were running - they weren't.
    - Tried to manually start them - I couldn't.

It seem like the problem is centered around the daemons, which for some reason are not able to start.
    Ive searched far and wide on the net, and read on github that minidlna might not run if persissions were not set correctly on the var/log/minidlna.log.
    I've tried that, and still dosn't do anything.

I really don't know what to do anymore.. If a entirely newinstalled system still fails I'm afraid that my knowledge is depleted on this matter.
    As many others seems to have similar problems like me, griffo for instance, a solution may have been found but just not posted here.

• deviouz, you installed 1.0.25 version of minidlna. many are having problems with it. the package is not creating a /var/cache/minidlna folder in which the files.db will cache data while minidlna is running. version 1.0.25 defaults to this location for files.db. the last version defaulted to /tmp/minidlna/ for the files.db. there are some other issues with version 1.0.25 so i suggest you revert to 1.0.24 til there is a new package. if you search my posts you'll find some answers on minidlna.

• Zitat von "tekkbebe"

deviouz, you installed 1.0.25 version of minidlna. many are having problems with it. the package is not creating a /var/cache/minidlna folder in which the files.db will cache data while minidlna is running. version 1.0.25 defaults to this location for files.db. the last version defaulted to /tmp/minidlna/ for the files.db. there are some other issues with version 1.0.25 so i suggest you revert to 1.0.24 til there is a new package. if you search my posts you'll find some answers on minidlna.

Ok. I didn't realize that that particular package was causing trouble. I'll try to downgrade it to 1.0.24 and see it that helps.

But that still leaves the issue with transmission... :(

• Creating the /var/cache/minidlna folder and chown it with minidlna:minidlna made it start on my installation.
    Also adapting the conf file with the new log entries made it log again.

Hope this helps!

• Reverting to minidlna to 1.0.24 worked, as tekkbebe described. The openmediavault-minidlna now works, and the service is running.

That still leaves transmission-daemon faulty, as I still can't start the service.. Maybe a similar solution could work with an older version?

• Im just gonna post some of what tekkbebe and I talked about in PM for others, and Marcel, to see:
    Since I can't post long messages in a single post, Im gonna split it up in two.

Zitat von "tekkbebe"

deviouz, i would disable the donald repo. then try uninstalling the bittorrent plugin and check if bittorrent package is still installed. if it is purge it. then reinstall the plugin. only use stable repo for now.

Ok, I manually removed and purged all packages for transmission, deleted them in local archive, set the OMV-plugins to stable and reinstalled the transmission packages. So far so good.
    Problem is when I try to install the openmediavault-transmission. It requests version 0.4~1.gbpfb7cc7 from the repo, but this causes dependency errors which says that the dependencies are wrong and that the transmission-daemon and transmission-cli must be version 2.42 or higher.

• Zitat von "tekkbebe"

have you added any other repos?

Only repo added other than default from installation of OMV is the logitech media server repo
    Here is a readout from my /etc/apt/sources.list

Code
    # logitech media server
    deb http://debian.slimdevices.com stable main

I outcommented the logitech repo and updated as mentioned.
    But the same error occurs then trying to install plugin.

• this is error deviouz is getting any ideas?

Zitat

Following packages has unresolved dependencies:
    openmediavault-transmissionbt : Dependencies: transmission-daemon (>= 2.42) but2.03-2 expected installed
    Dependencies: transmission-cli (>= 2.42) but 2.03-2 expected installed

i''ve seen this when there are problems with conflicting repos that have been added. any ideas Marcel? deviouz had added donald repo and a logitech repo. had him disable donald and # out the logitech. then had him apt-get update and still no go.

• Zitat von "Marcel.Beck"

You can check things linke this Wirth.
    apt-get policy packagename.

You need to check ans package which depends.

Isn't it: apt-cache policy packagename?
    If I do that on the openmediavault-transmissionbt, I get this:

Code
    root@NAS:/# apt-cache policy openmediavault-transmissionbt
    openmediavault-transmissionbt:
      Installed: (ingen)
      Candidate:    0.4~1.gbpfb7cc7
      Versiontable:
         0.4~1.gbpfb7cc7 0
            995 http://packages.omv-plugins.org/ fedaykin/main i386 Packages

I do realize that it's not installed on my system, but I removed it due to the fact that it didn't work because of dependencies of packages which are not able to install from Stable repo.

• Please post the output if this commands:

• First the policies:

Code
    [root@NAS:/# apt-cache policy openmediavault-transmissionbt
    openmediavault-transmissionbt:
      Installeret: (ingen)
      Kandidat:    0.4~1.gbpfb7cc7
      Versionstabel:
         0.4~1.gbpfb7cc7 0
            995 http://packages.omv-plugins.org/ fedaykin/main i386 Packages

Code
    root@NAS:/# apt-cache policy transmission-common
    transmission-common:
      Installeret: 2.03-2
      Kandidat:    2.03-2
      Versionstabel:
     *** 2.03-2 0
            990 http://ftp.dk.debian.org/debian/ squeeze/main i386 Packages
            100 /var/lib/dpkg/status

Code
    root@NAS:/# apt-cache policy transmission-cli
    transmission-cli:
      Versionstabel:
     *** 2.03-2 0
            100 /var/lib/dpkg/status

Code
    root@NAS:/# apt-cache policy transmission-daemon
    transmission-daemon:
      Versionstabel:
     *** 2.03-2 0
            100 /var/lib/dpkg/status

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!