OMV and Raspberry pi

• Wasn't saying you could. Just wanted to give him an idea on how slow it stays, even with hdd.

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Upload Logfile via WebGUI/CLI
    #openmediavault on freenode IRC | German & English | GMT+1
    Absolutely no Support via PM!

• i know it's slow. just a cheap toy. it's something to play around with to waste (a bit too much) time.

oh pardon me. i almost forgot
    How -to Geek (http://www.howtogeek.com) usually has something useful if i have questions about linux (windows too maybe, that is if i used windows a lot) or when i have a problem and need some quick help with a command. it's not the only site; it's just one of several. most of the time i can find and answer or soulation somewhere if i dig deep enough or ask the right questions (asking the right questions is the hard part. don't always do so good there.). useful feedback though is helpful.

How to Multi-Boot Your Raspberry Pi with BerryBoot
    http://www.howtogeek.com/14132…pberry-pi-with-berryboot/

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von maihoaomv () aus folgendem Grund: add info

• I will make a small image of just /boot.

It would be nice if you could prepare both /boot and the rest of it as second image, I can grow it on the USB HDD then.

ryecoaaron - did you manage to build those separate /boot and the "rest" image images? That would be a great idea to make the SD card less accessed so that it might have a longer life ;) . I want to use my Raspberry pi as an OMV but am very concerned that the SD will fail after a short while leaving me with nothing.

Best regards,
    Izak

• Offizieller Beitrag

Not yet. In the next couple of days.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Offizieller Beitrag

Split image is now on sourceforge.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Nope. The Banana Pi can use the binaries but boot loader and other configs are different.

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

• Pike,

I think we can help you split your image yourself.

If I remember correctly, aaron told me that you just have dd your sd card to your USB HDD, then edit your fstab to use /boot for booting on sdcard and rest from hdd. reboot, and you can delete the stuff on your sd card except boot.

As an example, my fstab from the RPi:

Code
    proc            /proc   proc    defaults                0       0
    /dev/mmcblk0p1  /boot   vfat    defaults                0       2
    /dev/sda1       none    swap    sw                      0       0
    /dev/sda2       /       ext4    defaults,noatime        0       1

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Upload Logfile via WebGUI/CLI
    #openmediavault on freenode IRC | German & English | GMT+1
    Absolutely no Support via PM!

• Offizieller Beitrag

Actually, you need to change the root location in uEnv.txt in the boot partition. This tells it where to look for root before fstab is even read (kinda like grub). There is no root entry in fstab.

• Many thanks David and Aaron. I am very limited around these things but slowly getting better. I will try to do this over the weekend and maybe start a new thread so as not to hijack this one.

It would be much appreciated if both of you would keep an eye out for me on the forum as I will likely be battling roadblocks.

• Offizieller Beitrag

A little. There are few RPi specific tweaks that I add (quota stuff, nfs stuff, collectd stuff, etc). I also remove the unnecessary packages (desktop, etc). Is there a reason you don't want to use the image?

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!