OpenMediaVault keeps a full Debian system or is truncated?

• Hi!
    I'm currently using Freenas and the system is very truncated preventing me from compiling having manual etc, etc... And there's no easy way to restore the system to it's full potential.
    For my next NAS I'm interested in openmediavault mainly because of that, and I'd like to know if the system is truncated or not. If it is, is there an easy way to restore it? So that I can compile rtorrent, use PERL scripts and have crontab run some small scripts or even run an email server? Use aptitude or apt-get.
    All your informations will be appreciated ;)

• Offizieller Beitrag

It is a standard Debian minimal install for the most part. You can install any package that Debian has.

You can compile rtorrent but you will have to install the build-essential package (and possibly others). Maybe you could use the transmissionbt plugin??

Perl is installed

There is a crontab interface in the web interface to run cron jobs from.

postfix is installed but I recommend running an email server in a VM (use virtualbox plugin) because it will probably need settings that may not work with OMV.

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• It isn't restricted a tiny bit.

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Upload Logfile via WebGUI/CLI
    #openmediavault on freenode IRC | German & English | GMT+1
    Absolutely no Support via PM!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!