OwnCloud - proper setup?

• Hi there!

I'm still not shure how to setup OwnCloud the right way. :| I created a storage-folder first, made a shared folder and activated the plugin.

Some questions:

• Where should I add new users - OMV or OwnCloud?
    • Where is the update to OwnCloud 7.0? Is it depending on the plugin or Debian?
    • I added a user in OwnCloud. But i get this error-message: Error - OC_Group_OpenMediaVault Failed to get user 'Dennis' (code=6000, message=User 'dennis' does not exist) - 2014-08-10T15:46:23+00:00

Thanks!

2 Mal editiert, zuletzt von Dennis () aus folgendem Grund: Edited tag! Edited label.

• Volker said before he will not jump onto each new Version of OC right away because they were most of the time filled with bugs. So he will wait 1 or 2 Updates before he will update to 7.0.

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Upload Logfile via WebGUI/CLI
    #openmediavault on freenode IRC | German & English | GMT+1
    Absolutely no Support via PM!

• I can't answer those two, but Tekkbebe probably can. ;)

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Upload Logfile via WebGUI/CLI
    #openmediavault on freenode IRC | German & English | GMT+1
    Absolutely no Support via PM!

• You must add a new user on OMV These is the answer of 1 and 3 ;)

omv 6.x | 64 bit | omvextrasorg 6.x |
    used plugins: omv-extras | portainer | rsnapshot | antivirus
    used container: portainer/portainer | nextcloud/all-in-one | linuxserver/swag | paperless-ngx | jellyfin/jellyfin | lmscommunity/logitechmediaserver | adguard/adguardhome |

• I was talking about this yesterday with david in TS. I also mentioned that adding users does work over the OMV admin interface. But he said that does not always work... Think thats the reason why he pointed to tekkb

• Dennis, if you want to create users in ownCloud's webgui you need to disable to OMV plugin in the apps section of ownCloud. I've been meaning to write something up on OC but it is not easy program to use. It would be time consuming for me and I've been working on some other things lately. OC, in general, is difficult to setup. Hopefully it will get easier in future.

If you disable the OMV plugin in the apps section you probably will have to use "openmediavault" as your admin password, til you change it in the admin section. The OMV plugin uses your admin pass from OMV''s webgui to access the admin section of OC.

• I followed Tekkbebe's guide to install my ownCloud 7.0.5 in my OMV 1.19 successfully but run into the same problem as Dennis encountered.

The problem should be due to a bug in username management, Dennis is different from dennis because they are case sensitive, so Dennis don't have the permission to write on the ownCloud location that belongs to dennis, Dennis can only read but not write in this case.

I bypassed this bug by creating a user called dennis in OMV and set his ACL to apply read/write permissions to all files and subfolders under that location. The log is now clean WITHOUT the error-message:

Code
    Error - OC_Group_OpenMediaVault Failed to get user 'Dennis' (code=6000, message=User 'dennis' does not exist) - 2014-08-10T15:46:23+00:00

I would like to ask if there is any way to manually set the ownCloud user dennis back to Dennis so we don't need to explicitly set up another user in OMV.

Thanks.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!