Plugins that are wanted - Part 4

• deduplication and encryption.

duplicity (another rsync based one) has deduplication but it's based on directory and file names. If I run filebot on my plex movie directory or take another stab at organizing my music library, rsync, rsnapshot and duplicity will see any files with their names changed as new files. obnam/attic will see the movie/mp3 data blocks are already in the repository and just add a reference to them. As I rename/reorganize regularly this is a huge difference. They've both implemented what duplicity has plans to implement http://duplicity.nongnu.org/new_format.html

encryption is built into obnam/attic, obviously if you're backing to a remote site or taking a disc offsite for safety you'll want to have your backup encrypted. it's not built into rsync or rsnapshot, though it is in duplicity.

so far between the two, obnam has much better memory management than attic so is probably better suited. I'm going to keep using attic for a few weeks though to get a good sense of it.

• Ich wünsche mir ein SNMP Server Plugin mit Grafischen Bildern output, ähnlich wie das mrtg oder das (teure) Paessler AG PRTG.
    Ich habe soviele Geräte, die ich gern "überwachen" möchte, aber auf Windows Seite gibst kaum richtige Alternativen zu Paessler AG PRTG. Auf Linux Basis habe ich schlicht zu wenig bis keine Ahnung, wie man da was vernüftiges einrichten könnte, geschweige was es dazu gibt.
    OVM hat bisher ja "nur" den Client an Board.

• Why openhab and not something different? There are other applications for Home Automatization out there, what makes it better? ...

Is anyone working on a VPN Client yet? I would really love something like this for the GUI. One that supports multiple protocols. PPTP, OpenVPN, etc...

Thanks!

Nope.

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Upload Logfile via WebGUI/CLI
    #openmediavault on freenode IRC | German & English | GMT+1
    Absolutely no Support via PM!

• I like OpenHAB because of the broad hardware support, completely open source and a better/more modern design then some others. But i didnt dig into it too much, maybe there are better solutions. If you know any pls post.
    Theres openenergymonitor.org for the hardware side, at the moment im thinking about intalling a combination of OpenHAB, openenergymonitor and some honeywell/homematic/knx components.

Tom

----

HP N54L, 6GB, 5disc Raid5, SSD Boot with OMV 5
    HP N54L, 16GB, 4disc ZFS pool, SSD Boot with other NAS system

• I would love a newznab plugin. I thought there was one but I think I just I used the jhmiller script to install it but it would be great to just load the plugin and have it work as well as having a couple of options such as being able to tell it where to store the database (like the Plex plugin).

I have this on my to do list but there has not been much demand for it. It will take quite a lot of work to get it going as there are a lot of variables depending on if user has pro licence or not. If no licence then instead of installing the free version of newznab I would install the other version (fork of newznab) as the free version is too limited to be of any real use.

[align=center]banner@1x.jpg
    What I am watching/watched on my Popcorn Hour media player
    omv 2.1.1 stoneburner | 64 bit | omvextrasorg 1.29
    MySQL (Percona[size=8]) | Newznab | Sonarr | CP | HP | NZBget | YAMJ | CUPS

• I've mentioned this in another thread, but perhaps it's best suited here. Having ownCloud available on OMV is downright amazing, in my opinion, but it's current implementation is a little bit concerning to me as it does not receive updates, including security updates. This is the exact blow-up that recently happened between Ubuntu and ownCloud, as the ownCloud in the universe repository was not getting security updates and ownCloud was rather vocal about it. Ubuntu responded in what I consider to be a sensible fashion by removing the package.

I understand the point behind hesitating a little bit to pull in the latest ownCloud (i.e., waiting to bump 6.x.x to 7.0.0 the minute 7.0.0 is released), but there's more to consider. Currently ownCloud 5.x, 6.x, and 7.x is officially supported. The latest update from the OC 6 series is 6.0.6, which includes a number of security fixes, while the ownCloud plugin for OMV is 6.0.4.

If there'd be a way to rig up the ownCloud plugin in a way that doesn't bump to the latest major OC version (yet) but still pulls in the minor updates of the current release, that would make more sense from a security standpoint. That way perhaps OC 6 updates automatically to all of the 6.x.x versions, but doesn't bump to 7.x until, say, 3 releases in (7.0.3) or whatever is decided.

Some links:
    6.0.4 in OMV >> http://packages.openmediavault…lic/pool/main/o/owncloud/
    6.0.6, latest in the 6.x series from OC >> http://owncloud.org/changelog/
    A release note worth mentioning from 6.0.6 >> "Several security fixes"

Just my 2c. Keep up the fantastic work you awesome people!

• @jasauders,

OwnCloud is a core Plugin, that means Volker itself takes care about it (though he has stated multiple times now that he lost his interest in OwnCloud). Thus, the request you have may better placed on the OpenMediaVault Bugtracker under http://bugtracker.openmediavault.org/

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

• It could be awesome if it was possible to make a plugin to CrucibleWDS.

It is a alternative to Windows Deployment Service and FOG Server.

It has a webgui.

It is not so hard to setup side by side with OpenMediaVault but it would be awesome to have a plugin to help with the process.

Link to guide install: http://docs.cruciblewds.org/2.3.0/r3/install-on-linux.html

Their homepage: http://cruciblewds.org/

Freenas has a plugin.

• @jasauders,

OwnCloud is a core Plugin, that means Volker itself takes care about it (though he has stated multiple times now that he lost his interest in OwnCloud). Thus, the request you have may better placed on the OpenMediaVault Bugtracker under http://bugtracker.openmediavault.org/

Greetings
    David

Thanks for your insight. I reported it under ToDo as I wasn't sure what scope it should fall under. Crossing my fingers something comes about! Thanks again.

• I have this on my to do list but there has not been much demand for it. It will take quite a lot of work to get it going as there are a lot of variables depending on if user has pro licence or not. If no licence then instead of installing the free version of newznab I would install the other version (fork of newznab) as the free version is too limited to be of any real use.

At least it is on a list somewhere!! I really do appreciate all the hard work everyone does to keep OMV gonig. Thanks for everything!!

• @blindguy I have been playing with nZEDb and think that would make a better choice as it is free and open source.

[align=center]banner@1x.jpg
    What I am watching/watched on my Popcorn Hour media player
    omv 2.1.1 stoneburner | 64 bit | omvextrasorg 1.29
    MySQL (Percona[size=8]) | Newznab | Sonarr | CP | HP | NZBget | YAMJ | CUPS

• How about you open a thread for that problems you're experiencing here or at the pyload forums?

Greetings
    David

• my point for aMule or MLDonkey.

I need download ed2k files and none of actual pluggins works with ed2k links ( there are several for torrents, etc...) but I need ed2k so perhaps aMule is best option because I have transmissionBT plugin installed on my system.

I can do a manual install, but a pluggin was great and easyer.

• I don't know a software that can do what I am looking for, so I can't name it, but I am looking for a customizable sync tool (I have something like Syncovery (formerly SuperFlexibleFileSyncronizer) in mind).
    For sure you can do a lot via the command line, but having (in my case) 10 different jobs running, syncing different folders with different machines - at least I find it quite circular.
    So my vote for a syncing software.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!