XBMC - Best practice for a newbie?

• David, that board has full hardware video acceleration.

Yes, but this hardware accelaration has to be utilized, and that doesn't happen on day one sometimes. So for some Software/Hardware combinations it may take some time that they run as flawless as something thats out there for quite some time. In example, it took months until truecrypt (may it rest in peace) supported AES-NI. ;)

When I said it was a beast, I meant a beast for HTPC and at the moment.

Okay, I didn't got that from your first phrasing. ;)

Roku3 has USB port and reads media from there.

Yeah, the Roku has but the other options don't have that. Thus they are not as good as ones that have the option to me.

But I lost all sound.

You still owe me the Link to the statement that Optical Audio is considered to be depracted. It sounds unbelievable to me as I never heard of it before.

To me it seems A nice OMV/Plex development proposal.

Yes, But this could interfere with the USB Backup plugin, if the USB Backup Plugin is not pimped with a udev rule to specific devices.

There must be some place that you can plug that new media (look, your cousin took your video files of summer) to have a flash look at it.

Hit me: My NUC. (Back then: my Pi.)

We are on the OMV forum, so I recommend using OMV with snapraid to store it's files.

I know the OP and I think he might even go above SnapRAID and reuse his rsync method which he uses on his first NAS.

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Upload Logfile via WebGUI/CLI
    #openmediavault on freenode IRC | German & English | GMT+1
    Absolutely no Support via PM!

• chente

Hat das Thema geschlossen.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!