Power Consumption in OMV

• Hey guys,

Could it be that there is something wrong with the Power Management of HDDs in OMV?
    I am measuring the Power Consumption in IDLE with 42W, no matter what I do.

Here are my system specs.

1x Pentium G3220 CPU
    8GB Ram
    1x SAMSUNG HD103SJ
    2x 4TB WD RED
    1x Sata Card

I feel like the HDDs are not spinning down...

APM - 127
    Minimum Performace, Minimum Acoustic
    Spindown 30
    Write cache enabled

• Try a lower value than 30 minutes.

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Upload Logfile via WebGUI/CLI
    #openmediavault on freenode IRC | German & English | GMT+1
    Absolutely no Support via PM!

• They should, but users had problems with values as high as 30mins and longer.

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

• I set APM to 1 (Minimum power usage with standby (Spindown)), and timer set to 60min, works well, HDDs do spin down. So the statement "30 min seems to be bugged" only when APM set to 127?

OMV 1.0.x built in ESXi 5.0 U3
    3x2T WD Green + 1x2T Seagate + 4x3T Seagate
    1x500G Seagate for dedicated BT/PT download
    LSI9211-8i pass through

• Feel free to report it as a bug on the bugtracker: http://bugtracker.openmediavault.org

Greetings
    David

• Hi Bavilo

If you're still around this forum, mind telling me how you were checking the power consumption? Via a software or an external hardware?

Cheer.

• I have set my HDD to APM-1 - Minimum power usage with standby (spindown), with 5 minutes spindown time (as i am still in testing phase) and can hear the HDD spin down after 5 minutes.

Also, power consumption is reduced.

• Hi Bavilo

If you're still around this forum, mind telling me how you were checking the power consumption? Via a software or an external hardware?

Cheer.

Hey everyone, I'd also be interested in hearing this answer. Can we have a dashboard widget with power supply, with ideally monthly stats?

• Offizieller Beitrag

Can we have a dashboard widget with power supply, with ideally monthly stats?

You would need a real server with ipmi/ilo to get that stat. Most of OMV users aren't using that equipment. Buy a Kasa HP115 energy monitoring smart plugin and look at the charting on the app on your phone. They are on sale for $13 right now on Amazon.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!