Autoshutdown not working

• Hey guys,

just started using OMV on an Intel D25MW Atom system. To save energy, and to let the system cool down once in a while I want the system to suspend as soon as specific IPs are not live anymore. As soon as I need the server, I would trigger it manually with a Magic Packet (Wake on Pattern Match is not reliable) So I installed the autoshutdown plugin, but it doesnt seem to work - the system doesn't suspend at all.

OMV Version: 0.5.53
    Kernel: 2.6.32-5-amd64

Any ideas, why the system does not suspend?

PS: is there a better, automatic way to wake up the system then using manual magic packets?

PSS: ich verstehe auch deutsch

• Please post the output of cat /etc/openmediavault/config.xml | awk '/<autoshutdown>/,/<\/autoshutdown>/' here.

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Upload Logfile via WebGUI/CLI
    #openmediavault on freenode IRC | German & English | GMT+1
    Absolutely no Support via PM!

• Do this:
    Enable the "DEBUG"-switch in OMV-GUI, apply the setting (Yellow Bar) and execute

Code
    echo > /var/log/autoshutdown.log

on the command-line.
    Reboot your Server afterwards and try again. Attach a full DEBUG-Log here.
    Thx

• Please post the output of cat /etc/openmediavault/config.xml | awk '/<autoshutdown>/,/<\/autoshutdown>/' here.

Greetings
    David

Zitat

Do this:Enable the "DEBUG"-switch in OMV-GUI, apply the setting (Yellow Bar) and execute

Am I blind? Can't find the debug switch - check documentation, google and wiki - where is this Debug switch?

• I'm experiencing the same problem on my system.

The "Suspend" Option in the autoshutdown plugin does not work. But I dont think its an issue in the script because sudo pm-suspend does not work either. I have OMV 1.0.23 and backports Kernel 3.16.
    When executing sudo pm-suspend nothing happens. I cant see anything in /var/log/pm-suspend either. pm-is-supported claims that my system supports pm-suspend.

• Ok I misunderstood how pm-is-supported works. So actually Suspend is not supported on my system. I guess there is nothing I can do about it except for waiting. I've a brand new NAS based on the Intel Avoton platform so maybe there is still something missing in Debian.

• I set this to "solved"
    Flasher hasn't responded
    der_Typ: there is nothing we can do, if pm_suspend isn't working, even with the newest Kernel

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!