Problems with netatalk during update to 1.0

• Hello,

I got the following error during the upgrade:

Code
    Errors were encountered while processing:
     netatalk
     openmediavault-netatalk
    Creating index of upgradeable packages ...
    Creating index of OpenMediaVault plugins ...
    E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1)

So should i remove netatalk via apt-get and install it later again?

Thankks for your help....

OMV 4 Arrakis | Kernel 4.14 ... running on
    SelfBuilt NAS -- Asrock Q1900-ITX -- 4x 2,4 GHz in Burst Mode -- 4 GB DDR3 RAM -- RAID 5 -- 3x 3TB WD Red

• OK i solved this problem, seems to be a problem in the script if netatalk is running, just had to stop it and it worked after it.

Now the omv-release-upgrade is not there anymore.
    How can i bring the update to an end?

SelfBuilt NAS -- Asrock Q1900-ITX -- 4x 2,4 GHz in Burst Mode -- 4 GB DDR3 RAM -- RAID 5 -- 3x 3TB WD Red

• Sounds like you already finished the upgrade, if you executed omv-release-upgrade one more time after stopping netatalk.
    You can make sure by apt-get update && apt-get dist-upgrade && apt-get -f upgrade however.

• omv-release-upgrade isn´t there anymore, so i executed the omv-update and the line you posted above.

So did i finish the update?

• Zitat

omv-release-upgrade isn´t there anymore

Yes the command gets removed after the upgrade. If the above commands didn't show any errors and just lines like:

Code
    0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded.

Then the upgrade finished.
    You can also check your omv version via the webui.

• I had the same problem while upgrading from a Beta 0.6 version to OMV 1.0.

I purge-removed netatalk and reinstalled again.

apt-get --purge remove openmediavault-netatalk
    then reboot, then
    apt-get install openmediavault-netatalk

• Since the upgrade i´ve performance issues with the read speed, doesn´t matter which protocol (smb, afp).

Any ideas?

• OK, everything working now without problems but the performance is terrible.

normaly my nas reads with 115 mb/s and writes with 80 mb/s with protocol afp.
    Now read speed is maybe a bit slower but not much..... But write speed is terrible (2 - 3 mb/s ...... after some time normal speed for a few seconds....)

I tried to check the network performance with iperf.... read and write is about 117 mb/s .... so the network is not the problem....
    Also tried disk speed .... write tested via dd is about 100 mb/s .... read speed tested via hdparm is about 150 mb/s.
    So everything should be fine.....

Also tried to write over smb instead of afp to see whats the problem, but the terrible write speed is the same......

Strange thing.....

Do you have a idea?

Edit: Also tried to write via ftp and the problem is also the same.....

• Nothing interessting....

What about the upgrade? Could this lead to such problems?

Maybe i´ve to make a fresh install.....

• Reinstalled it from the ground but still the same.

Could it help to install backport kernel?

• But the strange thing is that it worked with the old version.....
    Really strange.....

• have you tried to connect from the box itself to its own smb or afp share? that might give a hint.
    edit: yeah an backport kernel might be a good idea. it should be not too old though. something 3.2 based is needed i think. cant think anymore :)

• Backports made it a little bit better but still terrible.

One interessting thing:
    If i use iperf to during the copy process, it get´s much faster as long as iperf stresses the networkcard.

Maybe a p state governor problem?

Somebody else have a idea?

Edit:
    Found this in dmesg:

[ 2.889818] microcode: CPU0 sig=0x30673, pf=0x4, revision=0x321

[ 2.893289] platform microcode: firmware: agent aborted loading intel-ucode/06-37-03 (not found?)

[ 2.893421] microcode: CPU1 sig=0x30673, pf=0x4, revision=0x321

[ 2.896776] platform microcode: firmware: agent aborted loading intel-ucode/06-37-03 (not found?)

[ 2.896924] microcode: CPU2 sig=0x30673, pf=0x4, revision=0x321

[ 2.900354] platform microcode: firmware: agent aborted loading intel-ucode/06-37-03 (not found?)

[ 2.900503] microcode: CPU3 sig=0x30673, pf=0x4, revision=0x321

[ 2.903793] platform microcode: firmware: agent aborted loading intel-ucode/06-37-03 (not found?)

[ 2.904007] microcode: Microcode Update Driver: v2.00 <tigran@aivazian.fsnet.co.uk>, Peter Oruba

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von wastez ()

• hm what cpu / chipset are you using?

i can't help you out here too much tough, because my Atom D2500 doesnt have any speedstep capabilities. but i would think that the debian kernel does provide different governors.
    maybe try cpufreq-set -g performance

• There are different governors for p states (ondemand, conservative) and for c states (menu, ladder). Its a Celeron itx quad core j1900. (pretty new)
    Already tried to stress the CPU, also helps a Little Bit but not as much as the LAN stress.
    Hope i find a Solution otherwise i have to go back to 0.5.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!