New OpenMediaVault 1.0.21

• Hi my friend
    "We try to make it as easy as possible" - This time you have complicated what was easy,
    "If you want to try late in a virtual machine let us know" - Okay. I also like to collaborate on what is possible.
    I will do so:
    1 - I'll install OMV version 0.5.48 (32 bits) and respective updates in real hardware.
    2 - I'll Install OMV version 1 (32-bit, to be equal) and respective updates in VirtualBox.
    3 - I do a document with all the prints. settings of my router and OMV.
    4 - How can I send you the document confidential?
    5 - Tell me how do I access the php file that you want to analyze or if you need anything else.
    6 - Of course I will not post on the forum any file containing sensitive data from my system.
    Thanks for your patience
    greetings
    José Crispim

The problem in today's world is that the intelligent are full of doubt and some idiots are full of certainties. The intelligent are called undecided the idiots are called experts

• 5 - Tell me how do I access the php file that you want to analyze or if you need anything else.

Hi jjrcrispim,

Since you don't have a keyboard and monitor the best way to access the "command line" is to activate the SSH service and use Putty to log on the IP of your machine with root credentials, then to display the content of the file do:

Code
    cat /var/www/owncloud/config/config.php

and send us the result displayed (copy/paste)

Thanks.

• login as: root
    root@192.168.xxx.9's password:
    Linux NasCrispim 3.2.0-4-686-pae #1 SMP Debian 3.2.60-1+deb7u3 i686

The programs included with the Debian GNU/Linux system are free software;
    the exact distribution terms for each program are described in the
    individual files in /usr/share/doc/*/copyright.

Debian GNU/Linux comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY, to the extent
    permitted by applicable law.
    Last login: Thu Sep 18 12:59:57 2014 from comp01.local
    root@NasCrispim:~# cat /var/www/owncloud/config/config.php
    <?php
    $CONFIG = array (
    'instanceid' => '143561228938768619559653079415046433259',
    'passwordsalt' => '9936de9983a684dd1edf2e50bfb73b',
    'version' => '6.0.4.1',
    'dbtype' => 'sqlite3',
    'dbname' => 'owncloud',
    'forcessl' => true,
    'blacklisted_files' =>
    array (
    0 => '.htaccess',
    ),
    'default_language' => 'en',
    'defaultapp' => 'files',
    'knowledgebaseenabled' => false,
    'knowledgebaseurl' => 'http://api.apps.owncloud.com/v1',
    'appstoreenabled' => false,
    'allow_user_to_change_display_name' => false,
    'updatechecker' => false,
    'theme' => '',
    'log_type' => 'owncloud',
    'datadirectory' => '/media/8e2fbefe-d909-4ddd-9628-ce3bdff93e65/Cloud/',
    'trusted_domains' =>
    array (
    0 => '192.168.xxx.9:8443',
    ),
    'installed' => true,
    );
    root@NasCrispim:~#

The problem in today's world is that the intelligent are full of doubt and some idiots are full of certainties. The intelligent are called undecided the idiots are called experts

• Hi jjrcrispim,

I think you have to add the entry "NasCrsipim:8443" on the 'trusted_domains' in that file and probably add an entry also for your DDNS domain name to the OMV/OWNCloud. I'm a newbie on linux but I think you have to edit the file (config.php) located on "/var/www/owncloud/config/" with the "vi" command or even better use the program "WinSCP" on windows that let you explore the linux file system and edit files.

Maybe Tekkb could give some hints, He is an expert on this! ;)

• He needs to add whatever he uses with his dns service with :8443. Also, need to make sure port 8443 is forwarded from router to his omv.

Is this what he uses to connect remotely???

NasCrsipim:8443

In the array you do no need https. you just put the domain and port number.

1=> 'NasCrsipim:8443',

then he should connect like so:

Code
    https://NasCrsipim:8443
  • Ah, his host name. We need an entry with the domain he is using to connect remotely. He listed 2 things with no ip. I need to know which is the correct one so we can add that domain to the trusted domains in the config.php

• 1 - NasCrispim is the "name of the NAS" (or host);
    2 - 192.168.xxx.9 is the ip of the nas to access with the lan;
    3 - xxxx-xxx.noip.me is thwe dynamic dns address to aceess to the nas over internet.
    4 - https is the protocol to access with the lan or wan which derives from the certificate that was created.
    But what is the problem?
    In the version 0.5.48 with updates all works well. I kept all the settings of the router and all the settings of NAS.
    Why not work?

• I Think not
    I Think the problem is in the OwnCloud setup on the OMV, because previously you used the certificate that was defined for the entire NAS and not needs to open port 8443 (it would use the https port 443).
    But wait because There is probably a problem with my hardware (?!). Now I can not properly install the version 0.5.48
    Already changed the discs and the problem keeps
    I will test all in the virtual machine and then I say something more.
    Give some time

• how to imput

'trusted_domains' =>
    array (
    0 => '192.168.1.54:8443',
    1=> 'myomv:8443',
    2=> 'myhomeomv.dynddns.org:8443',
    ),

with putty

• Hi,

Im running in the same issue with login in to owncloud from a non-local system.

Code
    You are accessing the server from an untrusted domain.Please contact your administrator. If you are an administrator of this instance, configure the "trusted_domain" setting in config/config.php. An example configuration is provided in config/config.sample.php.

I do not know where in OMV setup page, or Owncloud setup page or router page I need to do what.. or how. :)
    - where can I find the correct trusted domain?

And, I also needed to add 8443 to the routing table of my router to get past the certificate acceptance. It would just time out otherwise. Only 443 > 443 doesnt work.

• I do not understand your question!
    You have experience with OMV, or is the first time you use it?

• Just to explain.

At home, I have a diy nas built with omv ofc. and im attempting to get up and running owncloud on it.
    locally I can reach the owncloud
    from work a different pc, outside homenetwork, I cant seem to get in and gives the above message

• Just to explain.

At home, I have a diy nas built with omv ofc. and im attempting to get up and running owncloud on it.
    locally I can reach the owncloud
    from work a different pc, outside homenetwork, I cant seem to get in and gives the above message

Hi,

How do you connect from work? You use an DNS name or you have like a VPN to remote access?

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!