OMV on Banana Pi - BanaNAS

• It does not sell print because it comes out expensive. Mass production, unfortunately, also skipped. Implementation of the matrix is expensive.
    Surely you can find a park printing or printing company. Or have to go to a nearby Hackerspace or Fablab

I know that the world does not expect the us to many. It is sufficient that you answer yourself a very important question: what I like to do in life, and then start to do it.

HP N36L Microserver 60GB SSD + 2x 250GB HDD + 2x 1TB omv 3.0.X 64 bit - 3.16 backport kernel
    Banana Pi + 16GB SD + 500GB - test platform omv 3.0.X - ARM - 3.4.104 kernel
    Banana PRO + 8GB SD + 320GB - test platform omv 30..X - ARM - 3.4.104 kernel
    SimpleNAS project - OpenMediaVault and Case for Banana Pi/PRO/M1/M1+/M3, LM Guitar

• The prototypes are expensive but a mold could be made. Then more produced from the mold. I'm not sure of costs to get into plastics injecting molding but I don't think it is that expensive.

More expensive then I thought...

• Not immediately Rome built Rome was not built in a day :)

Until we finish the first part of the case. The second will be the first hook-up. I will use the jmb321 but I wonder about the system jmb393.

Patience young Padawan :)

I know that the world does not expect the us to many. It is sufficient that you answer yourself a very important question: what I like to do in life, and then start to do it.

HP N36L Microserver 60GB SSD + 2x 250GB HDD + 2x 1TB omv 3.0.X 64 bit - 3.16 backport kernel
    SimpleNAS project - OpenMediaVault and Case for Banana Pi/PRO/M1/M1+/M3, LM Guitar

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von cyryllo ()

• Released a case project files for Banana PRO http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:687418
    Now we are working on 2nd part of case.

Bilder

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von cyryllo ()

• cyryllo I have been following your project very closely and even donated for your hard, awesome work. I have the Banana Pro waiting with the jm321 you recommend on your site. The only thing I'm missing is a power adapter (you mention a 5v 5a) where did you get this cause the only ones I find have multiple usb ports and split the amps across them.

I can't wait to print the big case :D

What kind of speeds where you getting with RAID 1?

I was thinking of using the 5th sata port for something like this to have the OMV on two msata drives in raid 1, do you know if it's compatible?

Why are you looking at the jm393 over jm321?

• We will use an external power supply 5V 8A or 6A, which you can buy on eBay. Also prepare a simple power supply board design.

jm393 has a hardware Raid <- maybe someday I'll check it.

Not Sure if mSATA SSD Dual will be visible through the banana Pro/Pi

• That explains why I couldn't find the power supply, I was looking for one that used micro usb. Will the power board connect to the GPIO pins? I can get that made at school too if you could tell me the parts required.

The jm393 I found on eBay is affordable, do you assume this should work with the kernel you compiled already? Maybe it will get better speed?

• I prefer to connect the power supply by microusb.

What to jmb393 that you would need to check if you need something to change the kernel

• Case completed :)
    http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:696169
    Now get to the preparation of the power system drives (PCB)

• Case project is finished and printed. ;)

• There are places on the fan. Now I have to test the continuous operation as heats in case.

more: http://www.dobreprogramy.pl/cy…r-NAS-z-Raidem,61214.html

• Same question. It is very nice that you can build a NAS based on a silent Banana Pi, but isn't it overkill to use what is fainally a slow computer to drive expensive SSDs? What is the performance on completely wired Gigabit ethernet? Surely you don't get full Gigabit speed. I just have a hard time wrapping my mind around non-maximum speed on Gigabit as far as NASes go.

• The sata port in the banana pi is capable of above 100megabyte per second. The SSDs may be only used for testing purposes.
    Also, why its hard for you to wrap your head around it? Many of us here reach more than 110megabyte per second with our NAS systems, some even reach double gbit speed with trunking.

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Upload Logfile via WebGUI/CLI
    #openmediavault on freenode IRC | German & English | GMT+1
    Absolutely no Support via PM!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!