openmediavault-pxe first version now available for testing

• @davidh2k Hallo David,
    ich habe ein neues Image erstellt und auf Deinen FTP-Server hochgeladen (oma_debian_8.4.0_live_ gnome_ x86_64.tar.gz). Bitte freigeben zum testen.

Bitte die beiden oma_ files ubcd_5.3.5 vom Server löschen, genauso das File oma_debian_8.3.0_live_gnome_x86_64.tar.gz; alle drei laufen nicht.

Viele Grüße; und gucke bitte mal ein die Konversationen, der FTP-Server macht Fehler.

2 BananaPi, 1 OrangePiPC+, 1 OrangePiPC with OMV 6.0.x

• Hey @davidh2k ,
    bitte fixe den Dateinamen von
    oma_debian_8.4.0_live_ gnome_x86_64.tar.gz
    nach
    oma_debian_8.4.0_live_gnome_x86_64.tar.gz
    auf dem Image-Server.

Das heisst, das Leerzeichen zwischen "live_" und "gnome" muss weg. Dann wird der Fehler 404 beseitigt sein. Entschuldigung für meinen Fehler und vielen Dank im Voraus.

Freundliche Grüße.

2 BananaPi, 1 OrangePiPC+, 1 OrangePiPC with OMV 6.0.x

• Offizieller Beitrag

Where is the TFTP location?

In the tftp plugin? I don't understand what you are asking.

How do I update the Clonezilla?

You think the package version is too old?

Do I need to install DNS Masq?

Can't answer this without more info. This is why I asked if your router has a setting in the dhcp server section to specify pxe/tftp address.

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Yes b/c the current Clonezilla version is stable - 2.4.7-8
    I want to update it, so I don't have to bother you guys from time to time.

Can't answer this without more info. This is why I asked if your router has a setting in the dhcp server section to specify pxe/tftp address.

My router doesn't have these options.
    But the ReadyShare Storage (USB Storage) option has FTP option.

I think I need dnsmasq.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Yes b/c the current Clonezilla version is stable - 2.4.7-8
    I want to update it, so I don't have to bother you guys from time to time.

Why do you want to update it? Just because there is a newer version? You would have to ask the creator of the package.

My router doesn't have these options.
    But the ReadyShare Storage (USB Storage) option has FTP option.

That is going to be a problem. Seems like the Netgear routers with stock firmware don't have option 66 (tftp server address) for the dhcp server. This is mandatory unless you want to use 3rd party firmware on your router or turn dhcp off on the router and use dnsmasq. These are outside of the scope of this forum.

ftp and tftp are not the same thing.

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

• Offizieller Beitrag

Nope, dnsmasq can be used for lots of things. Your router is probably running it as well. Without majorly changing your setup, it is going to be difficult to setup a pxe server. Unless you image a lot of boxes, I don't think you need one anyway. I used to work on a lot of systems at home and ran a pxe server. Now that I'm not doing that much, I don't have a pxe server setup anymore.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Clonezilla server still requires pxe. So, you will be in the same situation.

Why can you just boot systems from a usb clonezilla stick and store the images on a samba share? That is what I do now.

• That's what I do now, but the other method is smoother.
    At my workplace, I installed an alternative Clonezilla version called 'nClone" into Synology, and boot directly with PXE without going to all this mess.
    The nClone uses the existing DHCP server, and you don't have to do any extra setup.
    If somebody has the coding skills, they can probably incorporate that idea and convert it into a plugin for OMV, that's would be awesome.
    No need for DDR-WRT or PXE or DNS Masq.

Code
    System requirements:

DSM 6
    A local network that uses DHCP. nClone acts as a proxy DHCP server and works together with existing DHCP servers present in the network.
    Note: while nClone works fine with other DHCP servers, it is currently incompatible with Synology’s DHCP server add-on component. If you are using that, you will need to uninstall it, before using nClone

OMV v5.0
    Asus Z97-A/3.1; i3-4370
    32GB RAM Corsair Vengeance Pro

3 Mal editiert, zuletzt von tinh_x7 ()

• Offizieller Beitrag

Not sure how it is smoother but ok. The proxy dhcp server would still need dnsmasq on OMV. I stopped maintaining the dnsmasq plugin because it was a pain. I don't see anyone picking it up and adding to it. Easier to just put good firmware (dd-wrt/openwrt/tomato/etc) on the router or setup a pfsense box.

• Assume I can setup this.
    Do I need to create a folder call TFTP in the pxe root folder?
    I plan to create a folder call 'clonezilla-images' to save my images in the pxe folder.

OMV v5.0
    Asus Z97-A/3.1; i3-4370

• Offizieller Beitrag

What are you setting up? PXE/tftp? If you are just booting from usb stick, you don't need pxe and tftp.

• After some researches today, I managed able to boot via PXE!
    I'm using dnsmasq with pxe.
    I have NFS enabled.

How do I change my Clonezilla default gateway to my OMV instead ?
    I created a folder named: /pxe/home/partimag to save my images, but when I tried to mount in Clonezilla, I got an error:

update: I only get Clonezilla to work via NFSv4.

Code
    mounting nfs server by: mount -t nfs 192.168.1.97:/home/partimag /home/partimag -o noatime,nodiratime, nfsvers=3

mount.nfs: access denied by server while mounting 192.168.1.97:/home/partimag/

Clonezilla image home directory /home/partimag is not a mounting point! Failed to mount other device as /home/partimag.

I gave everybody full permission to that folder.

Clonezilla append:

Code
    initrd=clonezilla/2.3.2-22/live/x86_64/initrd.img boot=live union=aufs config noswap nolocales edd=on nomodeset ocs_live_run="ocs-live-general" ocs_live_extra_param="" keyboard-layouts="" ocs_live_batch="no" locales="" vga=788 nosplash noprompt netboot=nfs nfsroot=192.168.1.97:/export/pxe/clonezilla/2.3.2-22/live/x86_64
  • In addition, I installed a new Clonezilla version manually, and mirror the setup and files' persmission, but I got this error when I launch Clonezilla (simillar to error on Page 21):

Code
    mount: mounting aufs on /root/ failed: No such device
    mount aufs on /root/ failed with option -o noatime., dirs=/live/overlay/=rw://filesystem.squashfs=rr*wh

Do I need to execute omv-mkconf pxe or something ?

OMV v5.0
    Asus Z97-A/3.1; i3-4370

• Offizieller Beitrag

You have the wrong boot parameters. The latest versions of Clonezilla use overlayfs instead of aufs. Look at the union parameter in this line

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!