RRD free space changes between omv 0.5 and 1.0

• Hello,

I did a reinstall from scratch to go from omv 0.5 to 1.0. I reconfigured everything, no issues so far, it went quite smoothly.

I wanted to keep RRD records. I managed to backup then restore the RRD records but had to do some manipulation with the df RRD records because the format changed between 0.5 and 1.0.

For some reason, after I restored my RRD records, the free space for my data volume is not identical to previous omv version (while used space remains the same). See screenshot below to illustrate:

I doubt this is an RRD issue as I did not change any data, I'm thinking more about something like space reservation which used some free space.

Does anyone has some explaination to this?

Thanks.

• Maybe the calculation changed from Squeeze to Wheezy.

blkid and you can see, which drives are your data-drives, then you can try this:
    tune2fs -m 0 /dev/sdb1
    change sdb1 match your naming. Then reboot and try again after a while.

• Thank you for your reply. You were spot on. It looks like the calculation has indeed changed.

BTW I did not need to reboot for the changes to be seen (only refresh graphs).

I've set back the value to the default 5%. I'm not sure this is really needed on a data disk to avoid fragmentation (contrary to OS filesystem).

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!