Where can I find OMV host key?

• After a failed upgrade from .5 I just did a fresh install of Kralizec. I can ssh into it from a macbook, but can no longer do so from my desktop (Debian Wheezy)

When I try I get "@ WARNING: REMOTE HOST IDENTIFICATION HAS CHANGED! @"
    and "IT IS POSSIBLE THAT SOMEONE IS DOING SOMETHING NASTY!
    Someone could be eavesdropping on you right now (man-in-the-middle attack)!
    It is also possible that a host key has just been changed.
    The fingerprint for the RSA key sent by the remote host is"

I vaguely remember having to copy a key over when using the earlier version of OMV, but that stayed the same during the various upgrades, and I can't remember where it was located.
    Can any one tell me what key I would be looking for, and where in the filesystem it would be located?

• Offizieller Beitrag

If you don't think your system has been compromised, remove the key from .ssh/known_hosts on your macbook in your user directory.

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• No, I don't think the system has been compromised. with a fresh install I figure there is a new host key. Because the machine is using the same IP address, and my desktop (Weezy) still has the old key, from the last install, it is expecting to recieve the same one, which the new installation doesn't have. My macbook on the other hand has never stored a host key, so doesn't care.

• Offizieller Beitrag

I read that wrong. I thought you couldn't get into from macbook. Wheezy is the same. Remove the key from ~/.ssh/known_hosts

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!