openmediavault-emby plugin (formerly mediabrowser)

• It's stuck on the first screen of the wizard (can't choose language and the loading graphic just keeps rotating). I'm assuming it's got something to do with port forwarding. I'll have to take a look at it when I get home (I'm now at work). Thank you for your assistance.

• Emby is working. Cheers. Just having problems with the path substitution now. Not sure if this is the correct thread for it, but does anyone know the correct setup here?

I had it setup fine in a Windows environment, but can't get it to work within a linux environment.

Edit: I've got it working now I think. I still need to test it with Kodi on the Shield TV, however it is working on Kodi on PC.

• Hi!

Today i installed the emby-plugin from the mono-repo. It shows "openmediavault-emby 2.6".
    My problem is, that it seems the plugin won't start. The service-status in the dashboard shows a red "dot" behind emby and i can't connect to the web-client.

My tail on the syslog shows nothing regarding emby, even if i try to start emby manualy by /etc/init.d/emby start

Am i missing something? Are there any other logfile locations i don't see? /media/uuid/emby/logs is empty...

I appreciate some help. Thanks in advance!

• Intel(R) Celeron(R) CPU J1900 @ 1.99GHz

================================================================================
    = openmediavault information
    ================================================================================
    Release: 2.2.1
    Codename: Stone burner

= System information
    Linux fileserver 3.16.0-0.bpo.4-amd64 #1 SMP Debian 3.16.7-ckt20-1+deb8u3~bpo70+1 (2016-01-19) x86_64 GNU/Linux

• Code
    root@fileserver:~# dpkg -l | grep openm
    ii  openmediavault                                              2.2.1                              all          Open network attached storage solution
    ii  openmediavault-autoshutdown                                 1.0.8                              all          OpenMediaVault AutoShutdown Plugin
    ii  openmediavault-downloader                                   2.1                                all          OpenMediaVault downloader plugin
    ii  openmediavault-emby                                         2.6                                all          Emby plugin for OpenMediaVault.
    ii  openmediavault-keyring                                      0.4                                all          GnuPG archive keys of the OpenMediaVault archive
    ii  openmediavault-minidlna                                     1.1                                all          OpenMediaVault miniDLNA (DLNA server) plugin
    ii  openmediavault-omvextrasorg                                 2.13.1                             all          OMV-Extras.org Package Repositories for OpenMediaVault
    ii  openmediavault-plexmediaserver                              1.0.14                             all          OpenMediaVault Plex Media Server plugin

Code
    root@fileserver:~# cat /etc/passwd | grep emby
    emby:x:113:65534::/media/738bfec7-efa8-4a40-9e77-5fe2bc182b5a/emby:/bin/false

Code
    root@fileserver:~# /etc/init.d/emby start
    Starting emby
    root@fileserver:~# /etc/init.d/emby status
    emby is not running ... failed!

I searched for some log output, but nothing pops up in the syslog regarding the start of emby.

• Give results of:

ls -la /usr/local/bin/ffmpeg

ls -la /media/738bfec7-efa8-4a40-9e77-5fe2bc182b5a/emby

PS- Log files are here /media/738bfec7-efa8-4a40-9e77-5fe2bc182b5a/emby/logs

• Code
    root@fileserver:/# ls -la /usr/local/bin/ffmpeg
    insgesamt 12
    drwxr-sr-x 3 emby nogroup 4096 Mär  1 21:00 .
    drwxrwsr-x 3 root staff   4096 Mär  1 21:02 ..
    drwxr-sr-x 3 emby nogroup 4096 Mär  1 21:01 20160215

The log folder is empty.

• I think you shared the root of your data drive and this is your problem. See all the s and S in your perms.

Take a look at mine:

• It looks like you made a share at the root of your drive. You need to purge emby and delete the share at the root of the drive and then follow that Guide to create a media share.

apt-get purge openmediavault-emby

Then delete media share at root of the drive (delete samba share and then the shared folder) and recreate with the Guide.

Your line 4 BAD:
    drwxrws---+ 14 root users 4096 Mär 1 21:02 ..

Should look like my line 2:
    drwxr-xr-x 8 root root 4096 Feb 18 22:10 ..

The fact that you see users in your group there is evidence that you shared the root of your data drive.

• Thank you so much! Somehow i f***** up all my filesystem permissions. After deleting my mediashare and correcting the permissions recursivly i created the mediashare your way and emby works.
    That is some great troubleshooting here, thanks again!

• It is the latest stable that the plugin installs. I looked quick to see if easy way to install beta. I did not find an answer. I'll take a look later. There may be a simple solution. If I figure it out I let you know.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!