openmediavault-emby plugin (formerly mediabrowser)

• Hi tekkb,

thanks for the explanation. "force update" and "restart" did the trick.

Bye

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    openmediavault 6 | proxmox kernel | zfs | docker | kvm
    supermicro x11ssh-ctf | xeon E3-1240L-v5 | 64gb ecc | 8x10tb wd red | digital devices max s8
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• I could have it auto update but I think it is best left to the user for these things. Also, if there was an issue with an update it is nice to know before everyone's emby server is not working.

BTW, Emby is a Windows program. It is running on linux thanks to mono. We are getting updates via zip files from the Emby developer's github.

• Yes, leave it as it is.

It's an easy update process, if you know where you find it and how to do it. Maybe you can add an extra information to the "notes" section under the "force update" button?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    supermicro x11ssh-ctf | xeon E3-1240L-v5 | 64gb ecc | 8x10tb wd red | digital devices max s8
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• Fine, not a priority thing! ;) Thanks

• Last week i´ve installed the Emby Plugin - i guess it was V 2.4 and the server update to newest version using the force update feature.

Now OMV says that there is an update of the Emby Plugin to v 2.7.

Can i do this update without any problems?

I´ve checked the omv-extras site and i am a little bit confused about all that different versions.

Thx in advance! ;)

• Hey everyone

I realised a few days ago that emby stops working after approximately 10 minutes for no apparent reason. Looking at other threads didn't help much, but after having looked at the logs, I am a bit confused, because it seems to be memory related. I then looked at the processes and saw that memory taken by mono was increasing relatively fast upon restarting the service and later also tested my memory with memtest86, but there were no errors. Does anyone have any ideas where this could suddenly come from?

System:
    HP ProLiant MicroServer Gen8
    CPU: Intel(R) Celeron(R) CPU G1610T @ 2.30GHz
    KiB Mem: 2019536 total
    OMV 2.2.4
    Kernel 3.2.0-4-amd64

Partial log:

Code
    Jun  1 21:04:17 openmediavault kernel: [10549.037398] Out of memory: Kill process 15433 (mono) score 704 or sacrifice child
    Jun  1 21:04:17 openmediavault kernel: [10549.037443] Killed process 15874 (ffmpeg) total-vm:297604kB, anon-rss:25268kB, file-rss:0kB

There are also several errors listed in the log that are related to ffprobe. I'll upload the full log if it's any help.

Thanks in advance for your help!

PS: If anyone else is ever wondering where to find the emby logs, I found them here: /var/lib/emby/logs

• Offizieller Beitrag

I would add memory to the box. It might have been borderline on memory before and an update made it use a bit more?? 2gb seems a bit low for a server running emby too.

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• I was going to say the same on the 2 gigs. That is not much for running a media server. You might be transcoding too instead of direct playing and that would likely cause this issue. I would recommend installing different ram that would give you 6 or 8 gigs total.

When you play your videos on a TV what are you using for a client? If you use a Fire TV this thread would be helpful.

Fire TV client issues with Emby and PlexMediaServer

• @ryecoaaron and @tekkb, thanks for the hint!

I replaced the 1x2GB RAM with 2x8GB RAM, but emby crashed nonetheless. I then went to the dashboard and saw that it was running a pending syncing job. After stopping it manually, emby stopped crashing. So, everything is working now and hopefully someone else might find this information useful in the future.

• Hi,
    I'm pretty new here.
    Does anyone know why my emby is scanning but cannot find any files?
    I set up the Collections correctly with the path to the server.
    And inside the folder are files but somehow emby does not see them?

• This is the output:

Datei: „Game of Thrones - S03E01 - Valar Dohaeris.mp4“
    Größe: 1671033247 Blöcke: 3263752 EA Block: 4096 reguläre Datei
    Gerät: 801h/2049d Inode: 37224453 Verknüpfungen: 1
    Zugriff: (0744/-rwxr--r--) Uid: ( 1000/ olli) Gid: ( 100/ users)
    Zugriff : 2016-06-19 17:35:29.028803181 +0200
    Modifiziert: 2015-07-12 20:07:32.467410900 +0200
    Geändert : 2016-06-19 17:36:59.632806330 +0200
    Geburt : -

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!