openmediavault-emby plugin (formerly mediabrowser)

• No problem. Hopefully it was a success. Don't forget to chance the link again or chance it to the next release for an upgrade

OMV-Server-HW: MoBo Fujitsu D3417-B2 (Intel-LAN), Intel Xeon E3-1245 v6 Kaby Lake (4x3.70GHz), 16GB-Ram ECC UDIMM, 1x512GB SSD Samsung 850 Pro (sda2 - 30GB system, 4GB swap, sda5/rest - for work), 1x 10TB WD Red Pro, 1x 3TB WD Red (both basic setup) - Digibit R1 Sat-IP-Server with SatIP-Axe-Firmware

OMV-Server-SW: Debian Buster with Proxmox kernel (always up-to-date), OMV v5 (always latest), omv-extras-plugin (always latests), AutoShutdown-Plugin, Docker with PlexMediaServer, TVHeadend, any many more

BackupServer: Synology DS1010+ with 4GB Ram, 9TB@SHR (different hdd's), DSM 5.2-5967-2

• Hello guys,

Is it right that the plugin is still not working with omv3? If so, what is the best way to install emby at this stage of plugin developement? Should I install emby the debian way without the plugin?

https://software.opensuse.org/…Aemby&package=emby-server

If I enable the "mono repo" and the "mono testing repo" I see the "openmediavault-emby 3.3" plugin. Is that version compatible with "openmediavault 3.0.40"?

Greetings Hoppel

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    openmediavault 6 | proxmox kernel | zfs | docker | kvm
    supermicro x11ssh-ctf | xeon E3-1240L-v5 | 64gb ecc | 8x10tb wd red | digital devices max s8
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2 Mal editiert, zuletzt von hoppel118 ()

• If I enable the "mono repo" and the "mono testing repo" I see the "openmediavault-emby 3.3" plugin. Is that version compatible with "openmediavault 3.0.40"?

OK, my question is solved. Tried to install openmediavault-emby plugin after activating the mono repos and got the following message:

So I am going to install und use it via the debian way until the plugin is compatible to the current omv.

Greetings Hoppel

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    supermicro x11ssh-ctf | xeon E3-1240L-v5 | 64gb ecc | 8x10tb wd red | digital devices max s8
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von hoppel118 ()

• @tekkb not sure if it helps but I was able to install emby without adding the mono repos but adding the emby repos following this guide. Seems better than adding the mono repos and downloading the emby zip from github. Would get automatic updates then too.

Yes, I can confirm this, too. That is really nice. Maybe it's possible to adapt the "omv emby plugin" to this official debian emby repo.

Greetings Hoppel

• Hi All,

I recently moved to OMV, great system. I've got it 99% setup but have this one remaining issue.

I use Kodi on the client end, with the Emby addon.

Problem is with the resume state, in this case a lack of it. Instead of getting a partial watched status, it will just tick the file as being fully watched regardless of it's previously stopped point. Then when I go to open it again, I have no option to resume. Strange.

I've tried changing both the playback modes in the Kodi addon (direct and addon), then reset the database, but it doesn't help unfortunately.

Has anyone had this issue?

Thanks in advanced for the help!

• Cheers for the reply b0mb.

You may be onto something. Admittedly my permission setup might not be correct.

I hadn't actually set any permissions for the user "emby". I noticed it was only a member of "nogroup" before, so I've added it to the "users" group. Can't confirm if it has worked until I get home from work tonight.

Does your "emby" system account have any more permissions than "users" ?

Thanks!

• There are reasons why it is better not to use a deb package. Many times the zip file has worked and the package has not, various reasons. The zip file can easily be upgraded. It is automatic. You just upgrade it via the plugin instead of the update manager. The upgrading process is much better in the emby plugin then the plex plugin for OMV 2. I have been really busy with my daughter guys. She is dealing with a lot of issues. She is getting better lately so hopefully I will have more time going forward.

• Hey All,

Just to update on my issue, it looks to be solved now.

The problem was, during the library scans ffmpeg wasn't able to probe the files, this resulted in the "runtime" value missing from them all. Kodi was receiving bogus complete percentages when stopping the file.

I had ffmpeg in /ffmpeg which system account "emby" couldn't seem to launch from. I moved the files to /usr/bin/ffmpeg, which "emby" was already an owner of, and after forcing a metadata refresh across the whole library, looks to have fixed the problem.

• So I am going to install und use it via the debian way until the plugin is compatible to the current omv.

Greetings Hoppel

Hi,
    I´m just thinking about to build a NAS with OMV and I also want to use Emby Media Server. Can you explane me what you mean with "debian way".
    Maybe you can write a little howto. Thanks in advanced.

mike

• I think this is self-explaning, if you know where to look. Go to the official emby web site: https://emby.media/download.html

• choose "Linux" under "Emby Server"
    • choose "Debian"
    • choose "Stable Release Channel" (or "Beta Channel" or "Dev Channel", if you want to...)
    • if you choose "Stable", you arrive at this site: https://software.opensuse.org/…Aemby&package=emby-server
    • choose your "OS" -> "Debian"
    • execute the commands for debian 7 (omv2) or debian 8 (omv3) per command line (ssh, terminal) -> you can "add" the emby server repository in the omv3 webui under "OMV-Extras - Repos" if you want (don't know if this is possible with omv2)
    • not sure, if the service gets started automatically, you maybe have to execute the following command "service emby-server start"
    • install ffmpeg and its dependencies per command line "apt-get install ffmpeg"
    • reach the emby server webui in the browser of your choice: http://IP.OF.YOUR.SERVER:8096 -> start the initial emby setup assistant
    • find the path to your ffmpeg per command line "whereis ffmpeg" -> for me it is "/usr/bin/ffmpeg" -> emby setup assistant asks for the path

That's it! For me it works fine with debian jessie (omv3) at the moment.

Here is the debian thread in the emby community: https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/19415-debian/

Greetings Hoppel

3 Mal editiert, zuletzt von hoppel118 ()

• Have a look at all the other repos already configured under "omv-extras - repos". ;)

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von hoppel118 ()

• Puuh, I had a look at it again. I don't know if this is the completely right way.

1. added the release key per command line

2. listed all release keys per command line "apt-key list" and searched for emby, behind "pub 2048/" you find the key: 2A7D8A28

Code
    pub   2048R/2A7D8A28 2015-05-14 [verfällt: 2017-07-22]
    uid                  home:emby OBS Project <home:emby@build.opensuse.org>

3. added the repo under the omv webui "omv-extras - repos" in the following way:

I don't know if step 1 and 2 are essential. Maybe it's possible to find the key (here 2A7D8A28) in another way.

Greetings Hoppel

5 Mal editiert, zuletzt von hoppel118 ()

• Offizieller Beitrag

added the repo under the omv webui "omv-extras - repos" in the following way:

Leave the package and priority field empty if you don't put anything in the Pin field.

• Leave the package and priority field empty if you don't put anything in the Pin field.

Where do I find the Pin? And is there an easier way to get the release key?

Didn't find any advice in the forum for this. Thanks

Greetings Hoppel

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!