openmediavault-emby plugin (formerly mediabrowser)

• Ok subzero79 has a solution to move mounting if ZFS to the place where other fileystems are mounted which is very early in the boot order.

The other workaround is to put MBS startup at the ende of services until ZFS is ready - I tested that already and it worked flawlessly

However because another guy in MBS forum has the same issue with a NFS share I really think that MBS needs a change to just wait longer regardless of the FS - maybe configurable in the GUI - maybe devs give it a thought.

• You could do this too.. Edit this file /etc/rc.local like this and you can take out the restart after zfs mount is fixed.

PS- this is what I would do. It is also what Nik is doing, the guy working on ZFS.

PPS- the timing of the mount of the ZFS needs to be fixed, not the plugin. If this is not done you will have problems with other services too. And one should not have to alter the run levels of several services to accommodate ZFS.

PPPS- You should not have issue with NFS shares in OMV as those are mounted in fstab. The guy in the post was having some conflict because of combination of startup & SysVInit.

• Hi

I just had a weired problem:

Every time I wanted to delete some metadata/picture I got kicked back to the MBS login screen and no changes were made.
    After a couple of times and reboots I got fed up and removed the plugin completely, removed ALL my metadata files in the media directories and re-installed.

After setting everything up I let MBS do its job. Hours later I checked back and was surprised: no pictures, infos etc....just a list of my movies.

It turned out that MBS did not have write rights in my media folder. I then made user "mediabrowser" part of the group "users" and gave it privileges to my video share. To be "safe" I reset all permission for my video folder to "everybody" - however I created it that way.

Afterwards it all worked fine!

The issue might be related to using rsync to move the files there using one of my users - messing up permissions in some way!?

Long story short:
    I think the write rights should be checked when setting up the shares in MBS or at least when "save metadata in media folders" is checked - and some sort of pop-up or warning when MBS does NOT have the rights to write in the folders should be seen (would save a lot of time to troubleshoot :) )

• No, it is no accident. The version that I worked does not allow writing to a user's data. Only the cache location can be used.

I do not want to be responsible if someone gets upset because thousands of meta data files have been inserted in their folders or something is accidentally deleted by the service.

If people want to share information on how to give MB the ability to do things you mention that is fine. Or you can wait to see if Sergio comes out with a newer version.

I'm pretty much done working on it til they have a better package for Debian. I'm just using it to serve music.

Plex rules....

PS- Aaron, davidh2k and Sergio have done nothing but give me shit over my work on this. So I'm done....

• Every time I wanted to delete some metadata/picture I got kicked back to the MBS login screen and no changes were made.
    After a couple of times and reboots I got fed up and removed the plugin completely, removed ALL my metadata files in the media directories and re-installed.

After setting everything up I let MBS do its job. Hours later I checked back and was surprised: no pictures, infos etc....just a list of my movies.

A new version that will fix those issues it's being worked on. I'm on testing stage, we don't want it to do unexpected things again.

• on topic: ok that makes sense. But since MBS has that "feature" that was the last thing I have had in my mind :D

"off topic": that is sad to hear. I appreciate your work and effort here, it is a great plugin even if it was a little bumpy sometimes. Bu It think that is the way it is at the beginning and u were always a great help with solutions so no s*** from my side :D . I still hope it will go here in some way. Maybe the other change their mind on the work spend here...

• on topic: ok that makes sense. But since MBS has that "feature" that was the last thing I have had in my mind :D

"off topic": that is sad to hear. I appreciate your work and effort here, it is a great plugin even if it was a little bumpy sometimes. Bu It think that is the way it is at the beginning and u were always a great help with solutions so no s*** from my side :D . I still hope it will go here in some way. Maybe the other change their mind on the work spend here...

MediaBrowser is a windows program that we run using the mono wrapper. In windows, programs only know about two user groups: Users and Administrators.
    So for it to work at 100% it must run as an user with user privileges, as you experienced.
    Plex it's a totally different animal, as nowadays it's a linux service.

• Plex rules....

I havent looked into Plex for over a year now, but correct me if I am wrong, Plex does not yet have live TV or is actively developing it (real live TV like vdr, mediaportal etc.....)? I am just asking because thats the major reason I haven't used plex yet.

• I just have to change the run/primary group... it's coming. He better hurry with his version.

Done, fully functional 1.0.12
    Warning: this version will allow the service to put meta data in you data folders and allow files to be deleted from the UI ( if enabled). If you do not want this stick with version 1.0.11

To allow the added functionality you need to select this from the dropdown when creating your media's shared folder:
    Administrator: read/write, Users: read/write, Others: read-only

If you have older version purge it 1st:
    apt-get --purge remove openmediavault-mediabrowser ( y on the "do you want to continue")
    *** you do not need to remove the mono dependencies.***
    Then to install:

1) upload the package with the update manager in the web ui
    2) install via the plugin section.

Attached.

• If you upgraded to the 1.0.12 without uninstalling the old version that is the problem.

apt-get --purge remove openemediavault-mediabrowser (press y to continue)
    then load 1.0.12 through update manager
    install via plugin section.

• Is this when you click on the button or you're talking about the iframe? They cannot update by themselves as these plugins are not in a repo.

Check if the service is running:

service mediabrowser status

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!