openmediavault-emby plugin (formerly mediabrowser)

• now i was able to install by disabling some sources that i dont need anymore.

Do you remember which repository caused the problems? It appears that I have the same problems while installing.
    At the moment I have the following repositories enabled: OMV-Extras, Mono, Mono Testing, Plex, Plex for Plexpass (shell.ninthgate.se). I have also enabled pre-release and community-maintained updates in the Update Manager Settings, currently I have disabled the former.

ESXi: SM X9SCA-F || Xeon E3-1220LV2 || Kingston ECC 16GB DDR3-1333 || 2x IBM M1015 (IT) || 38TB raw || Chenbro SR11269

• Alright, I have now disabled both of them. The installation still fails, probably because I have some packages out of the repositories installed.

ESXi: SM X9SCA-F || Xeon E3-1220LV2 || Kingston ECC 16GB DDR3-1333 || 2x IBM M1015 (IT) || 38TB raw || Chenbro SR11269

• ESXi: SM X9SCA-F || Xeon E3-1220LV2 || Kingston ECC 16GB DDR3-1333 || 2x IBM M1015 (IT) || 38TB raw || Chenbro SR11269

• Did you add a lot of stuff to your sources.list ???
    Sometimes mirrors have issues. We used to see this a lot with OMV .3.x-.4.x
    Did you try "apt-get -f install" again? (after disabling those 2 repos above do apt-get update and try this again)

What I could do is give you a copy of sources.list. You can make a backup of yours:
    cd /etc/apt
    cp sources.list sources.list.bk

Then put in the contents of the file I give you and apt-get update. Then do:
    apt-get -f install

BTW- show me you sources.list

Are you on a 64 bit machine?

• I am running OMV on a 64bit machine (its a VM if that matters). Performing apt-get install -f showed no change (it ran through without any changes).

Btw, thanks for your help :)

• Hold on I get you the standard sources.list. Back that up with the cp command as I said above.

Replace contents of sources.list with this, do "apt-get update" and then try "apt-get -f install".

• I replaced the sources.list (only difference was the additional "contrib" & "non-free" for the main repo), and even ran apt-get clean. Still no luck though :/

• Hmm.... I wonder if something weird installed from one of those repos. Try this:

(if you had the old mediabrowser plugin try to purge it too)
    apt-get --purge remove openmediavault-emby
    apt-get --purge remove libmono*
    apt-get autoremove (say yes to any queries)

Then try to install it again.

PS- In the past we knew upgrades from deb multimedia would break things.

• I haven't used the old mediabrowser as I am currently using PLEX. Purging libmono resulted in some packages being deleted, however the error message does not change :/

• OK, it is saying these certain packages will not be installed because of unmet dependencies. We look at one.

The following packages have unmet dependencies:
    mono-devel : Depends: libgnomeui-0 (>= 2.22.0) but it is not going to be installed

Run this command and tell me what version it shows, if any:
    apt-cache show libgnomeui-0 (I get Version 2.24.5-2)
    apt-cache show libbonoboui2-0 (I get Version: 2.24.3-1)

Those 2 packages are available to me and on my system.

• ESXi: SM X9SCA-F || Xeon E3-1220LV2 || Kingston ECC 16GB DDR3-1333 || 2x IBM M1015 (IT) || 38TB raw || Chenbro SR11269

• No result for either command. Btw, I do not have any Desktop Environment on the server (shell only).

• Those could cause conflicts. This just gets weirder and weirder.... I have to think more.
    There are a lot of packages that install things that interface with gnome, even though you might not have gnome installed.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!