step-by-step upgrade from OLD Fedaykin/Squeeze to Latest OMV 1.0

• Hi, all
    it's al lot I've been too busy to upgrade, and OMV was has always been working so smoothly.....I forgot to pay attention to upgrade.
    My OMV is running as a VM on a ESXi5.5
    baremetal is a HP Microserver NL54
    SO I started consolidating the snapshots (I only snapshot the root partition, not the raid with the files)
    rebooted, connected via ssh, logged a root and run omv-release-upgrade
    I got the following error message

omv-release-upgrade

so I commented the content of the file
    /etc/apt/sources.list.d/omv-plugins-org-fedaykin.list

than I was able to run upgrade command

rebooted, but webgui after login showed the following

Code
    Error #0:
    exception 'Exception' with message 'Failed to open file 'js/omv/NavigationPanel.js'' in /usr/share/php/openmediavault/htmlpage.inc:42
    Stack trace:
    #0 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/htmlpage.inc(49): OMVHtmlPage->scanFiles('js/omv/Navigati...', Array)
    #1 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/htmlpage.inc(71): OMVHtmlPage->scanFiles('js/omv/module/a...', Array)
    #2 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/htmlpage.inc(188): OMVHtmlPage->scanDir('js/omv/module/a...', Array, true)
    #3 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/htmlpage.inc(114): OMVWebGui->getJavascriptIncludes()
    #4 /var/www/openmediavault/index.php(36): OMVHtmlPage->render()
    #5 {main}

but as far as services seemed to be properly working I once agaoin logged via sshy a root and once again gave the omv-release-upgrade command

rebooted

now I have wheezy, but webgui after login shows the following

Code
    Error #0:
    exception 'Exception' with message 'Failed to open file 'js/omv/NavigationPanel.js'' in /usr/share/php/openmediavault/htmlpage.inc:45
    Stack trace:
    #0 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/htmlpage.inc(57): OMVHtmlPageAbstract->scanFiles('js/omv/Navigati...', Array)
    #1 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/htmlpage.inc(76): OMVHtmlPageAbstract->scanFiles('js/omv/module/a...', Array)
    #2 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/htmlpage.inc(220): OMVHtmlPageAbstract->scanDir('js/omv/module/a...', Array, true)
    #3 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/htmlpage.inc(134): OMVWebGui->getJavascriptIncludes()
    #4 /var/www/openmediavault/index.php(36): OMVHtmlPageAbstract->render()
    #5 {main}

so I uninstalled all of the oMV plugins

rebooted and webgui was up and working
    reinstalled lvm2 plugin
    Now I can see the volume, but cannot mount it via webgui.
    I manually modified the fstab adding a line with device and mountpoint name (which should have been popolated by OMV as far as I neither can see other mountpoint entry in fstab). Anyway now the LogicalVolume is mounted.

Got some problem with garbaeg file from previous openvpn configuration, but now everything works properly
    UPGRADE MISSION ACCOMPLISHED

• Now I can see the volume, but cannot mount it

What is the problem? Can you install the omv-extras.org plugin and upload a logfile? (See my Signature for a How To)

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Upload Logfile via WebGUI/CLI
    #openmediavault on freenode IRC | German & English | GMT+1
    Absolutely no Support via PM!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!