Enabled IPV6, now lo won't come up and system won't boot

• Hello,

I tried to enable IPV6 DHCP via the web interface. Upon clicking apply, the web interface hung but I was still able to access via ssh. I ssh'd in and rebooted, now the system fails to boot with...

It then hangs.

It also fails to boot in recovery mode from GRUB. Any ideas?

Thanks

• Yes, I have the same problem with OMV1.x. If I activate IPv6 inside WebIF or via Command-line the system do not boot or shutdown. In this case there is no way to recover the system. You have to re-install the OMV server. For shutdown it looks like, that samba has a problem.

I saw this behavior on an virtual machine and also on my physical OMV servers. So at the moment you could not use OMV with IPv6.

thx.

• From what I recall when I experimented with that option the issue is that it doesn't get any IPv6 address from the DHCP server at boot (possibly because it doesn't support it?) and just stays there waiting for an address.

You can fix it by editing OpenMediaVaults config file and edit it so that the interface you changed has manual in the "method6" element. I think you can temporarily boot it if you unplug the network cable.

• HI all,

after setting IPv6 to AUTO, I restart and I still see no IPv6 address in OMV, but...

trying ifconfig via SSH I get:
    eth0
    Link encap:Ethernet HWaddr 00:30:18:a7:4a:cc
    inet addr:192.168.1.145 Bcast:192.168.1.255 Mask:255.255.255.0
    inet6 addr: fe80::230:18ff:fea7:4acc/64 Scope:Link

why is OMV not showing the inet6 addr?

I'm into this because I wanted to have HAMACHI along with OMV and the first get stuck on installation if it doesn't find IPv6 ...

luigi

• Yes, I have the same problem with OMV1.x. If I activate IPv6 inside WebIF or via Command-line the system do not boot or shutdown. In this case there is no way to recover the system. You have to re-install the OMV server. For shutdown it looks like, that samba has a problem.

I saw this behavior on an virtual machine and also on my physical OMV servers. So at the moment you could not use OMV with IPv6.

thx.

In the meantime I found the problem by accident. My fritz.box is configured, that only the DNS-server is set to OMV. You have to switch to DNS-Server Prefix (IA_PD) and IPv6addresse (IA_NA) set via DHVPv6. With this settings everything works now fine. Wrong DHCP config was the problem.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!