*** Please read through the whole Guide before attempting. It is expected you know how to use Nano to edit and save files ***
OC 7 with plugin:
1) I am not going to deal with any existing setups so remove them if you want OC7
2) WARNING: After this is setup do not disable it in the plugin and re-enable. Your config will be rewritten. If you need to make a change to something like in the /var/www/owncloud/config/config.php or something do it manually. Then restart nginx with "service nginx restart".
3) DO NOT USE THE SHARE FOLDER TAB IN THE PLUGIN. Everytime you use this it will reset things so just forget about that TAB. There is a way in the admin section of ownCloud to add any folder from the local filesystem of your OMV. I will show you how to do this. This is the proper way to add things from your OMV.
4) Setup a working directory shared folder in Access Rights Management/Shared Folders.Click on add
Put in Name (I use oc) and press TAB.Then select the Volume (one of your data drives).Use the default permissions.
Click on save.
5) Go to System/Certificates.
Click on add
The most important field here is the Common Name field. The rest you can fill out however you want.The Common Name field should be filled in with how your home network is accessed remotely. If you have a static ip from you ISP that is what you should use. If you have dynamic ip you need to use your address from your ddns provider (e.g. xxx.dyndns.org). If you have bought a domain name use it in this field.
Then save to create the self signed cert.