Grateful OMV Fan

• Hi, guys. I've been running OMV for a few months now and lurk around the forums pretty regularly, so I figured it was time to officially "introduce" myself and say thanks to Volker, the various plugin devs and all the super helpful members of this forum. You guys are awesome, and I am definitely spreading the word -- in fact, I'm heading into NYC this weekend to help a friend roll out his own OMV server, which should be a lot of fun! I've learned a lot from these few months of playing with OMV and reading the forums. A [well-deserved] donation will be made to OMV ASAP. Thanks again, and keep up the great work! :thumbup:

P.S. I've noticed quite a few German users on the forums, which is cool, but I was wondering if there were any other New Englanders(?) rocking OMV? 8)

Xeon E5-2630 v3 | 8GB DDR4 ECC | 12TB SnapRAID/AUFS Pool | OMV 2.1

• Hi there, and welcome. :) I'm pretty new to the OMV scene myself, but already I'm a big fan. I was skeptical to remove my tried and true Ubuntu Server as I didn't want to lock myself into a NAS "appliance" distro in case I wanted to have more functionality, but the wonders of OMV using a regular Linux base (Debian in this case) makes all of that possible. I get to have my cake and eat it too!

So, like you, an extensive thank you to Volker and the team is in order. I do tech work on the side (75 per system/job) just to help out in the diaper department at home. I even put OMV on my site under my Home Backup Server section as my recommended go-to. The first paid job I do using OMV will be donated in full to the OMV team.

Tonight I have a non-paid job using OMV on the agenda. My in-laws got a new laptop to replace their aging desktop, which I somewhat salvaged usability wise with elementary OS. They asked me two questions the other night... 1) How should I back up my data? 2) Where do I recycle this old desktop? You can imagine what my answer was. ;)

• chente

Hat das Thema geschlossen.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!