I need tips on how to move my OMV setup to a new server

• Hi,
    This is my first time doing something like this and I am not sure where to begin.

1. I want to move my omv configuration from my actual server to the new one. (Not the same HDD)
    2. I want to move my 2 sets of RAID5 data disks from the old machine to the new one. (same HDDs)

How can I do that so that I don't lose any of my data and configuration?
    I searched the forum, but could not really find a thread covering this particular case. The only infos I found were about how to swap the main system HDD in a machine.

Thank you!

• Well, thank you! My long time use of microsoft products has alienated me.

But now you are on the right way, son. May the force be with you. ;) (Sorry, couldn't resist)
    It _might_ be possible that you run into driver issues if the hardware is brandnew or somehow very special. I would choose a hardware which is supported by Debian Wheezy and you should be on the safe side.

Homebox: Bitfenix Prodigy Case, ASUS E45M1-I DELUXE ITX, 8GB RAM, 5x 4TB HGST Raid-5 Data, 1x 320GB 2,5" WD Bootdrive via eSATA from the backside
    Companybox 1: Standard Midi-Tower, Intel S3420 MoBo, Xeon 3450 CPU, 16GB RAM, 5x 2TB Seagate Data, 1x 80GB Samsung Bootdrive - testing for iSCSI to ESXi-Hosts
    Companybox 2: 19" Rackservercase 4HE, Intel S975XBX2 MoBo, C2D@2200MHz, 8GB RAM, HP P212 Raidcontroller, 4x 1TB WD Raid-0 Data, 80GB Samsung Bootdrive, Intel 1000Pro DualPort (Bonded in a VLAN) - Temp-NFS-storage for ESXi-Hosts

• If you are running the backports 3.16 kernel, there is very little hardware that wouldn't be supported.

You never have to apologize for using a Jedi line... :)

omv 5.5.6 usul | 64 bit | 5.4 proxmox kernel | omvextrasorg 5.3.5
    omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please read this before posting a question.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!