Websites plugin killed my WebGUI

• Ok, I got it back. The nginx service refused to start. Thanks to your help, I used omv-firstaid to reset the WebGUI http port to 82 and restarted nginx and this time it worked. I was able to log into the WebGUI and undo the website stuff. Everything is back to normal.

The thing that threw me off was that I had set the WebGUI to SSL-only, so I didn't think that using Port 80 for something else would cause any problems, but it seems that it screws up nginx's config to have two websites on the same port, even if one of them is disabled.

Anyway, maybe there could be a small warning text in the openmediavault-websites plugin to warn users not to use a port number that is already used by the WebGUI. I guess I learned my lesson :)

Just a note to say that the support from this forum is what makes OMV the best NAS distro out there. Thanks guys!

• I had mentioned before a config test before enabling a website. Have it error out if the test fails. Why you up sub???

I went to bed early now I'm going to Walmart... ;p
    So much easier to shop when there is not a million people there.

• What about throwing an error message when using the ports at the websites plugin that are used by OMV GUI?

I had mentioned before a config test before enabling a website. Have it error out if the test fails. Why you up sub???

I already do extensive validation of ports. And Volker is running a general Nginx configuration test.

However, if somebody adds a server, then goes and changes the web interface port to the same as some server, the validation won't run since it's only run when changing servers in the Nginx plugin.

• In this case the person did not change http port of the web gui after they added a site. The http port of the web gui was port 80 and they added a site on port 80. Then nginx failed to start.

• do you have anything helpful to suggest?

We can't rub it in peoples faces often enough, thats a fact. But as I said in my post before, I highly suggest to run things on a VM first, at least for the next time.

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Upload Logfile via WebGUI/CLI
    #openmediavault on freenode IRC | German & English | GMT+1
    Absolutely no Support via PM!

• this case of port 80 can happen often

if you disable the ssl on a website
    sometimes it can put a default 80 without much prompting

then webgui is killed and you have to reword nginx by hand.

not so a problem if you know
    another thing for a standard user

• I came across this issue last night...

Set up a website on port 8000, and shortly after couldn't access to the OMV gui. I'm running OMV on port 7000, and HAProxy on port 80. So it didn't occur to me that there could be a port conflict.

Thanks to this thread, I quickly checked that nginx wasn't running. Turns out I'd forgotten that I'm running HTPC Manager on port 8000, hence the conflict.... d'oh!!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!