Deployment WDS

• I think it would be better to work on a fog plugin then to spend time on something that is dependent on mono. The mono stuff does not work perfectly and there would undoubtedly be issues (aka errors).

• Hello everyone,

I am the developer of CrucibleWDS and thought I would give some of my input / thoughts here. Kleber recently contacted me about creating a plugin for OMV, while I don't believe I have the time to create a plugin, I could assist for anyone trying to install it manually. I was able to get everything up and running properly in a short time. I was successful in using nginx without the need to change any ports or use apache. I basically just created a new location for cruciblewds to reside, So if your OMV webUI is 192.168.1.100 then cruciblewds would be located at 192.168.1.100/cruciblewds. I plan on having this documentation out in the next few days for anyone that is interested. Even without a plugin, installation is straightforward and only takes about 5 - 10 minutes.

Edited because it took away from the context of the thread. JD

• Offizieller Beitrag

@jdd49, thanks for the info :)

I had two main issues with a CrucibleWDS plugin. The nginx issue was one thing that is no longer a problem. Postgresql is the other. Any chance it would work with mysql? Creating a postgresql plugin adds a lot of work.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Sorry, adding support to include mysql would require me to rewrite around 140 stored procedures, can't do it right now. I'm not familiar with the plugin system for OMV or really even OMV for that matter. Can you simply just install the debian package for postgresql during the plugin install?

• Offizieller Beitrag

<p>&nbsp;</p>

<p>Yes, you can. Just a very large service with no gui. Guess I was hoping it connected using odbc (or something similar) and would just need a different connection string and a few tweaked sql statements.</p>

<p>I guess I will look at a postgresql plugin first. Then we can look at a crucible plugin with your nginx changes.</p>

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

• To be clear, a native linux project could be developed into a plugin far easier/smoother than something that is cross platform. I stand by that. Fog uses MySQL too and the mono repos have been a bit flaky, you admit as much. I don't see anything to argue about.

@jdd94, I am not your competition. A project like FOG is. You should be willing to state why your project is better than FOG and why it is worth it to create a plugin when extra work is needed. Is your project better or is it just another cloning/imaging tool? What does your project bring that differentiates it from the other tools?

• Offizieller Beitrag

I looked at fog as a plugin a while back. It just didnt fit. Too many conflicts with OMV core.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Well, here is some good info... MyWebSQL that we use for the MySQL web interface works with postgresql. That means a postgresql plugin should be relatively easy :) I also like having the primary developer of a project willing to work with me when creating a plugin :)

• Offizieller Beitrag

I have about 90% of the mysql plugin ported to postgresql. Shouldn't take much more work.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Your documentation makes installing very easy :)

Unfortunately, after a couple of hours of work, I don't think a plugin fits. Installing the plugin can't install the program because it needs the shared folder locations already setup. Most plugins are writing a config file. There is no config file to write. You would just have a couple of shared folders to select, a password field, and an install button. Once it was installed, you would really never use the plugin interface again. This tells me it would better installed with a script. Most users who are going to use Crucible can handle that :)

Thoughts?

• I agree that a plugin is not really necessary, it would just provide a means for a simple install for the web application and database, but the installation is pretty basic anyway. At least I learned a few things through this process. I will advise users to follow the installation documentation that I have created, and if that is too much for them, then that is why it can be installed on Windows too. Thanks for your efforts.

• Offizieller Beitrag

I will still be releasing the postgresql plugin. Not sure that helps much.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!