Performance issues - SMB/CIFS

• Could *THAT* be why performance is so pathetic?!?

Could be, but it shouldn't be THAT pathetic low.... Do you have a UPS? If so activate the write cache and you'll be happy and fine.

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Upload Logfile via WebGUI/CLI
    #openmediavault on freenode IRC | German & English | GMT+1
    Absolutely no Support via PM!

• I'm unable to enable the write cache without the RAID's BBU. I have ordered a new battery for the RAID controller. I'll report back when I have it installed and new I/O testing completed.

• I'm unable to enable the write cache without the RAID's BBU.

Weird, mine has it enabled without BBU.

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

• Interesting. When I try to enable the write cache I got an error code and it wouldn't save. I just *ASSUMED* the failed BBU was the reason for it.

So I just looked it up, and it's confirmed:

Zitat

For Controllers using the Battery Backup Unit (BBU)
    • BIOS reports "Error 01D2 in opcode 13. Press any key to continue" This message
    will appear when creating an array with cache enabled and the BBU is not read (e.g.
    in testing or charging mode). Create arrays before starting any BBU tests, or create
    the arrays with cache disabled.

• Thats weird. Its definitly enabled on mine. ;) But you get a new BBU so thats fine I guess.

Greetings
    David

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!