Another SMB/CIFS Permission Issues

• HI All.
    After reading many threads. I am unable to solve my permissions problems with CIFS sharing.
    I have a User called "Haris" who is part of the Group "users"

Here is my information, Again all permission look correct to me. But when I connect to SMB share from my windows 8 PC I cannot delete files.

Here my SMB.cfg

Here is the Permissions on the 2 Physical Disks and one AUFSPool

Here is what i have set in Users, User Haris is part of group Users.

User Haris has Write Access to Share...

I have reset permissions as below..

SMB config is below...

When I try to connect to the share is get prompted for credentials. As expected.

I can see the Share.

But I cannot see the permissions for this folder e.g

The permissions for the same folder is as below

When I try to delete the folder..

Clearly I am authenticated as Haris.

Any Ideas ?
    Again all setting (file permission look Correct to me.

• Offizieller Beitrag

I am having some issues with ISP for displaying postimg images, routing problem probably. So i had to connect to a vpn to get the images. Everything seems ok for me except the little image of permissions of Taken in ssh

If you can enter ssh and post this ls -la Movies If the directory on top of Taken is 755 it won't allow deletion to the folders below it. Just check the whole tree that is 775 and root:users

You can test the deletion in ssh with the username
    Just give Haris a bash shell in the users section of omv, then you login as root in ssh, then type su Haris and go to the folder in the pool and do rm -rfv Taken/

• Subzero is right, your permissions are off. Use the reset permissions tab on shared folders and set group to write too.

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Upload Logfile via WebGUI/CLI
    #openmediavault on freenode IRC | German & English | GMT+1
    Absolutely no Support via PM!

• Here is the output for the permissions of the Movies folder

I have already used the reset permission From the WebUI of Openfiler And the permissions are set as Administrators = Read + Write, Users = Read + Write..

Still cannot see where the permissions are incorrect.
    Here is what I see when I reset the Permissions

• Absolutely stumped on this.
    root account can delete file no problems.
    I have even tried making new user account making new groups .
    Chown the folders to the new account and still nothing..

i have even tried setfacl -b revoved all acls.

• Are you really sure that all ACLs are removed? Looks like it still blocks the file deletion. Please also check the movie file directly which permissions it has. It may have different then the parent folder.

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

• Offizieller Beitrag

As i understand you have two disks, and those two are a pool. Could you go to the disk that has the movie folder (not the pool) and try to delete from there as user Haris either using ssh or Samba, if you're gonna use samba, you have to make a share from the disk.

I see no ACL present there, thing is AUFS doesn't support ACL, but i don't know if a disk containing those would expose the ACL to the pool. So in this case we need to check the individual disk folders that don't have ACL. You can identify ACL present in a folder or file when they display a plus sign after the permission mode

drwxrwsr-x+ 1 root users 24 Feb 23 23:02 misc

PD: please use imgur to post images please I am having trouble displaying postimg pictures.

Edit: I confirmed that a disk containing ACL would not expose the acl in the pool, but it would act effectively in the pool, for example try to delete files

• Glad you figured it out ;)

Greetings
    David

• He used the fixed permissions feature on his whole disk (you may need to add another shared folder to do that) instead of just resetting permissions on his pool.

Greetings
    David

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!