Install OS onto USB stick

• Hi all,

I am the new guys in here, read some post to say that if OS on the USB stick will be kill it in the short time, is it true?
    anyone who are using the USB stick as the Operation system?

By the way, also learn that some others NAS like "Freenas" they recommend to use the USB stick as the OS, any difference?

I want to use my old pc to build the home network to share the Movie, Music, photo to share with the smart TV & iPad or even
    the tv box to play for it.

MB : gigabyte h55n
    CPU : i3
    Ram : 4g

Thanks for your experience sharing or any suggestion on it with much thanks.

Regards
    tomtom1126 :)

• I am the new guys in here, read some post to say that if OS on the USB stick will be kill it in the short time, is it true?
    anyone who are using the USB stick as the Operation system?

Due to the high number of read/writes carried out by OMV it is a bad idea to install it on a USB stick.

If you could just go ahead and make a plugin for it, that'd be great.
    N54L/4GB/12TB

• Offizieller Beitrag

No, it's not true at all...

Seriously, what kind of question is this? It's right in the Installation FAQ not to install to a flash drive.. Why would you think it not to be true?

OMV is not FreeNas, the only thing they have in common is that they are both NAS operating systems, beyond that, there is really no comparison.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!