Pentium G3430
    MSI B85M-Eco
    2x4GB DDR3-1600
    Supermicro 731D case
    2x5TB Red (RAID1 XFS) Movies & TV shows
    2x1TB RE4 (RAID1 XFS) VMs, Documents & Music
    Kingston SVP200S 120GB (ext4) Downloads, Plex library, etc
    Kingston SMS200S 30GB (boot)

I'm out of SATA ports, and to be honest the machine is probably a little overkill for what I'm using it for. So, I was thinking of selling the board/CPU and putting in an AMD board & APU.

Board I'm looking at is the Asus A88XM-Plus and probably an A6-6400K.

Does anyone use the A88XM-Plus and an A6/A8 APU with OMV?

About to move to OMV 3.0, running Sonarr, Emby, NZBGet on a Pentium G4520 on an AsRock B150M Pro4S and 16GB DDR4 in a Lian-Li PC-M25A case.
    Sub 10W idle power draw, thanks to SuperFlower 350W 80Plus Gold PSU.

• Offizieller Beitrag

From the newegg reviews, linux works fine on it. So, OMV should be fine. You may have to use the backports 3.16 kernel though (install with omv-extras).

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Offizieller Beitrag

If you're using Plex to transcode.... I personally would stick w/ Intel.

• Sorry for not coming back to this thread.

I'm still running OMV on the B85M-Eco with an i3-4350. It's working perfectly.

However, I'm just about to migrate over to a Xeon E3-1225v3 on an AsRock C226 WS board, with 16GB ECC RAM. I'll be teaming the NICs, and I'll be migrating my Windows 24/7 machine to VirtualBox on OMV. I've got a new case to hold all the parts, too.

About to move to OMV 3.0, running Sonarr, Emby, NZBGet on a Pentium G4520 on an AsRock B150M Pro4S and 16GB DDR4 in a Lian-Li PC-M25A case.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Realtek works but Intel is much better (faster, more reliable, etc).

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

• Offizieller Beitrag

It won't go faster with Intel. Realtek nics have problems with wol. When you try to shutdown in Linux, it actually reboots sometimes inmediatly sometimes after 5 minutes. I have a realtek nic in my server. Speed is fine.

Atheros has the same problem with two nics in the alx driver. In that case they went so far that they ended in disabling wol in the mainline kernel module.
    I had some respect for atheros but after this I will never buy a wired nic. My preferred chipset are intel for wired, broadcom for wireless (pcie in laptops) and ralink for wireless usb nics.

Edit: not all realtek nics have that problem from what I've seen and have is the 8111 chip which is unfortunately very very common to ship those in MB

• Offizieller Beitrag

I have plenty of systems using Realtek too. I was just generalizing that Intel is typically faster. The Intel drivers are much better quality. That is why we recommend them. No one ever said you couldn't use the Realtek.

My server at home hits 105-115 mb reading and writing. It is using an Intel NIC since the realtek onboard NIC failed.

• Still not got myself migrated.

I currently have the following machine sitting waiting to go in to production:

https://www.fujitsu.com/fts/pr…/primergy/tower/tx1310m1/

I'm hoping to boot it off USB, as the machine has a USB3 port on the motherboard. Drives? Well, that I'm not so sure about at the moment, but probably starting off with a pair of 4TB HGST NAS drives.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!