openvpn confusion

• What is the difference between the openvpn and the openvpnas plugins?

Also what would be the advantage in using one of the plugins over using openvpn on a router such as one with dd-wrt to access your network?

• The OpenVPN AS has a gui and more options than the OpenVPN. But with the OpenVPN AS you are limited to 2 concurrent users. That means only 2 users could login at a time.

The plugins should be faster than your router unless you are using a really weak cpu.

• I don't think I would ever need any more that 2 users. So I'll try OpenVPN.
    I read this on another site about setting up openvpn on dd-wrt:

[quoteThe end goal is to be able to browse securely using public wi-fi by creating an encrypted connection from your laptop through your home router. The session should be as secure as your home network. You will not be able to interact with other resources on your home network. For that, you should consider OpenVPN on a NAS box, a remote desktop application such as TeamViewer, or some other encrypted tunnel.][/quote]

• This is exactly what I do with my laptops and cellphone. When I am using a public unencrypted wifi hotspot I connect to my OpenVPN AS server. All my traffic then goes securely through the vpn connection and I can browse safely.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!