Plugins that are wanted - Pick 2 330
Owncloud Alternative*4 (97) 29%
VPN Client*3 (53) 16%
Dropbox - https://www.dropbox.com/install?os=lnx (53) 16%
Dynamic DNS Client(s)*2 (46) 14%
Card/CalDav Server - http://radicale.org/ (46) 14%
Home Automation Software*1 - FHEM / openHAB - (domoticz is already available as a Plugin! See Notes) (45) 14%
Find Duplicates - http://forums.openmediavault.org/index.php/Thread/5284-Plugins-that-are-wanted-Part-4/?postID=57676#post57676 / http://forums.openmediavault.org/index.php/Thread/5284-Plugins-that-are-wanted-Part-4/?postID=59933#post59933 (35) 11%
motion / motionEye - http://motion.sourceforge.net/ / https://bitbucket.org/ccrisan/motioneye/wiki/Home (34) 10%
Mozilla Firefox 1.5 Server / Syncserver https://github.com/mozilla-services/syncserver / https://sathya.de/blog/how-tos/setup-your-own-firefox-1-5-sync-server-on-debian-with-apache2-and-mysql/ (23) 7%
Maraschino / HTPC Manager - http://www.maraschinoproject.com/ (23) 7%
Music Player Daemon - http://www.musicpd.org/ / http://forums.openmediavault.org/index.php/Thread/5284-Plugins-that-are-wanted-Part-4/?postID=53700#post53700 (21) 6%
mailpile - https://www.mailpile.is/ (18) 5%
jabber server - http://xmpp.org/xmpp-software/servers/ (16) 5%
Groupware / SOGo with OpenChange / ZARAFA - http://sogo.nu/ (15) 5%
Beets / Bliss for large Music Librarys - http://beets.radbox.org/ / http://www.blisshq.com/ (12) 4%
hubiC - https://forums.hubic.com/showthread.php?272-hubiC-for-Linux-beta-is-out-! (8) 2%
Boxcryptor - https://www.boxcryptor.com/en http://forums.openmediavault.org/index.php/Thread/5284-Plugins-that-are-wanted-Part-4/?postID=69044#post69044 / http://forums.openmediavault.org/index.php/Thread/5284-Plugins-that-are-wanted-Part-4/?postID=66931 (8) 2%
irc server - internet relay chat (7) 2%
pelican - http://blog.getpelican.com/ (3) 1%
Polkast - http://www.polkast.com/ (2) 1%
Here is the newest Poll.
- We won't list PHP Apps here. Those can be added via the nginx Plugin easily. See here for an example Guide based on WordPress. Yes, mediawiki also is PHP.
- Please check http://packages.omv-extras.org/debian/pool/main/o/ and http://dh2k.omv-extras.org/debian/pool/main/o/ or https://github.com/OpenMediaVault-Plugin-Developers/ for already existing Plugins.
- If there are missing Plugins on your ARM System please verify that the Application runs on Arm, If we missed to enable it for Arm, request it here.
- We're allways looking for new Plugin Developers. If you're interested to get access to the Developerforum, PM me your background and I will have you added to it.
- Zoneminder has no Plugin, but a Binary specifically compiled for OpenMediaVault. You can install it via apt from the commandline if you have the Download Managers Testing Repository enabled.
- GlusterFS Plugin was started but dropped for now due to the lack of Knowledge of GlusterFS.
- Flexget is testing phase.
- Fail2Ban Plugin is in early testing state.
- ps3netsrv-- is looked at at the moment.
- Space used per Share (du command) - Plugins that are wanted - Part 4
- ZFS Plugin is well progressed. There is no approval for Production use, yet. NOTE: If you're coming from FreeNAS 9.2, your ZFS Pools won't work with ZoL!
- The last Poll showed a big request for 'some kind of photo gallery'. There was no conclusion which would be a good fit.
- *1Try the Domoticz Plugin from Sergio openmediavault-domoticz plugin (TESTING v1.0.1)
- *2 We advise you to use the features available in your Router, where possible.
- *3 VPN Client(s): Suggest Service(s).
- We know that there is a demand for a Webbased File Manager. There is the explorer Plugin for now. Updates to the core code of OpenMediaVault could allow an integrated File Manager in the future.
- *4 Owncloud: Yup. We know you ask for it. But it's a PITA to work, and support, with. Don't expect any updates from Volker (it's an offcial Plugin) or that one of the current 3rd Party Developers adapts it. Maybe you can suggest a decent alternative.
- *5 Docker: It's on our roadmap, but its only progressing slowly.
- MariaDB: Install MariaDB from CLI, then install the MySQL Plugin and it will utilize MariaDB.
- Sync 2.0 (btsync): No interest in this from our Developers. BitTorrent Sync 2.0
- Crashplan, see the Guide here
- ed2k/KAD: No Interest from our Devs.
Old Thread for reference: Plugins that are wanted - Part 4