Plugins that are wanted - Part 5

• Offizieller Beitrag

It couldn't have all major features because raid5/6 is not considered to be ready by most. And here is a list of current requests for core OMV btrfs features:

http://bugtracker.openmediavault.org/view.php?id=1460
    http://bugtracker.openmediavault.org/view.php?id=1485

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• for me, major features are:
    0. do all the following via Web GUI
    1. find and show BTRFS disks and pools
    2. create a BTRFS file system on the disk via WebGUI
    3. Create a multi-disk File system(btrfs pool in raid 0 / raid 1) on the disks
    4. edit reconfigure BTRFS pool
    5. generate snapshot

I have just load up a VM with OMV 3.0.x to test and see.

#1 is there. I had added several disks to VM and as soon as I mkfs.btrfs them they show up in the file system list

#2, #3,#4,#5 . not there

also having strange communication failure errors pop up now and than. not sure if it is my network or the OMV issue.

omv 3.0.56 erasmus | 64 bit | 4.7 backport kernel
    SM-SC846(24 bay)| H8DME-2 |2x AMD Opteron Hex Core 2431 @ 2.4Ghz |49GB RAM
    PSU: Silencer 760 Watt ATX Power Supply
    IPMI |3xSAT2-MV8 PCI-X |4 NIC : 2x Realteck + 1 Intel Pro Dual port PCI-e card
    OS on 2×120 SSD in RAID-1 |
    DATA: 3x3T| 4x2T | 2x1T

• Offizieller Beitrag

Hi,
    BorgBackup would be nice.
    https://borgbackup.readthedocs.io/en/stable/

Never seen that before. Looks really nice. Might have to look into it. The rsync plugin could probably be used as a base and adapted to borgbackup.

• Here's the downside:

Zitat

EXPECT THAT WE WILL BREAK COMPATIBILITY REPEATEDLY WHEN MAJOR RELEASE NUMBER CHANGES (like when going from 0.x.y to 1.0.0 or from 1.x.y to 2.0.0).
    NOT RELEASED DEVELOPMENT VERSIONS HAVE UNKNOWN COMPATIBILITY PROPERTIES.
    THIS IS SOFTWARE IN DEVELOPMENT, DECIDE YOURSELF WHETHER IT FITS YOUR NEEDS.

OMV v5.0
    Asus Z97-A/3.1; i3-4370
    32GB RAM Corsair Vengeance Pro

• Offizieller Beitrag

That could be said about a lot of software. There is a borg upgrade command that fixes the version issue (I think). But, this would be using borg from the debian repo. So, a major release change won't happen unless you change the major release of Debian. Stretch and side are both on 1.x so I don't see this being an issue any time soon.

I have read quite a bit about borg and it looks awesome. It has dedup, compression, encryption, bitrot checks, prune by time, etc. The dedup is at the block level so it would even work for large files. It should make a good plugin that would replace rsnapshot for sure. It can do remote backups with multiple versions over ssh by just running borg as a server on the destination. Many good things :)

• Offizieller Beitrag

I have to agree :) I forgot that you can also mount backups as a fuse filesystem!

It has every feature I want, does it in a way that works well with the plugin format, and is fast from my tests so far. Block level dedup is one of the best features if you backup your VMs.

• Offizieller Beitrag

USB Backup? The borg backups can't be read normally since they are blocks. You can mount the backup like a filesystem though. Then you can view everything like normal.

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

• Offizieller Beitrag

borg works on a Mac as well.

• FOG cloning server is useful too.

https://fogproject.org/

I don't know if this installation guide would work for Wheezy: https://wiki.fogproject.org/wi…tallation_on_Debian_Lenny

https://schoolitexpert.com/net…og/306-install-fog-server

This FOG requires Apache2 to use.
    How do re-route it to another port so that it doesn't conflict with my port 80 Nginx?

Zitat

[warn] _default_ VirtualHost overlap on port 80, the first has precedence

/etc/apache2/ports.conf

/etc/apache2/sites-enabled/000-default -> ../sites-available/default

OMV v5.0
    Asus Z97-A/3.1; i3-4370
    32GB RAM Corsair Vengeance Pro

8 Mal editiert, zuletzt von tinh_x7 ()

• Offizieller Beitrag

Fog has been suggested many times but would be difficult to make a plugin.

• Urbackup would be really nice to have as plugin. Combine it with the PXE and dnsmasq plugin and you have a system image restore server! With version 2 it has a really nice web interface!
    They have debian packages at the download section. Version 2 also support BTRFS to make snapshots. It works also safe outside the LAN network.
    With a plugin we make it a lot easier to install Urbackup. It would be nice to add a backup/restore function for the database of Urbackup. A update button would be also very nice to have.

@luxflow if you have some free time, would you port the dnsmasq plugin for OMV 3? It would be really nice to have with the PXE plugin.
    https://github.com/OpenMediaVa…rs/openmediavault-dnsmasq

Soory for my bad english.

• I am missing two plugins in OMV 3.0.46, headphones and calibre.

Calibre appears in om-extras web as stable for 3.X, but I don't have it in the plugin list.
    Headphones doesn´t appears in omv-extras web for 3.x (stable or testing).

Please, can you avise me about current status of these plugins?

Thanks in advance.

• Offizieller Beitrag

When there is no version, the plugin is not in the repo. Calibre is on my list of plugins that I am dropping from my maintaining list.
    Headphones has not been ported yet.

• Thanks for your answer Aaron.
    I will wait for headphones.

As for calibre, do you mean that can be installed from your plugin list or it will be passed to repo when developed?
    In case it can be installed... how?

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!