Plex Media Server not starting after NUT shutdown

• Hi guys,
    I have a very strange issue with my OMV server. I have a ups connected via USB and using NUT to power down the server at low battery when main power is cut. (We have regular power-cuts due to load-shedding, perks of living in South Africa X( )

Now after every shut down when the server is booted up again my Plex Media Server fails to start. I did try starting the service via ssh but it doesn't work even though it says it is running. I then found if I disable the NUT service and only after a server reboot does PMS start again. Here with the catch, if I do a regular shut down and start up this does not happen. It is only when NUT powers down the server that PMS fails to start.

OMW Server:
    Version 1.15(Kralizec)
    Processor: Intel Xeon E3-1230 v3
    Ram: 8GB DDR3 - ECC Registered unbuffered
    Kernal: Linux 3.2.0-4-amd64
    4x WD Red 2TB in RAID5

NUT Settings:
    Driver:
    [flatups]
    driver = blazer_usb
    desc = "FlatVault UPS"
    port = auto
    vendorid = 06da
    productid = 0003

Shutdown Mode: UPS reaches low battery
    Shutdown Timer: 30

Any ideas as to why PMS would fail to start. I will have to recreate the conditions in-order to get the log files if you need them. Which log files would that be?

OMV - v6 - Media Server

Lian-Li PC-Q25 | Asrock E3C226D2I | Intel® Xeon® Processor E3-1230 v3 | Kingston Valueram 8Gb ddr3-1600 with ECC | OS: Adata SP600 32GB SSD * DATA: 4 x WD 2TB RED HDD's (RAID5)

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von Sn00zE ()

• Did you upgrade the plex plugin to version 1.0.10 ???

If you have not after updating start it manually;

/etc/init.d/plexmediaserver start

If it starts reboot and see if it auto starts again.

• No I did a new install back in October 2014, not sure what the version was beck then, when I build the server and have been doing regular updates since then.

Using "/etc/init.d/plexmediaserver status" it would say service is not running then after using "/etc/init.d/plexmediaserver start" it would say service is now running but I can't access PMS.

I will simulate the shut-down and use "/etc/init.d/plexmediaserver start" and then reboot the server.

OMV - v6 - Media Server

Lian-Li PC-Q25 | Asrock E3C226D2I | Intel® Xeon® Processor E3-1230 v3 | Kingston Valueram 8Gb ddr3-1600 with ECC | OS: Adata SP600 32GB SSD * DATA: 4 x WD 2TB RED HDD's (RAID5)

• Okay, not sure what happened but since the updates I ran today this issue seems to have been resolved. Just did as ups power down and start up again and PMS is running fine now.

Sorry about this. We had load-shedding yesterday (Updates not applied yet) and after starting the server PMS did not start. Today I applied the new updates for PMS and OMV and it seems to be working.

Will have to monitor this and see if it happens again in the future.

Marked Resolved for now.

OMV - v6 - Media Server

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!