USB 3.0 problem on ESXi 6.0.0

• Hello all

I've been up all night trying to work this out but with no luck
    I just installed ESXi on my Gigabyte BRIX pro gb-bxi7-4770r and I have been using ESXi on another system so I know ESXi really well.
    Before I did the installation the OMV was directly on the BRIX's SSD and the USB 3.0 was working 100%.
    The BRIX only have USB 3.0 and do not have aney USB 2 ports. So when I do the installation on a VM in ESXi, I add the xHCI before I begin, so I make shure that the OMV sees the controller.
    When the installation is done and I add my USB 3.0 devices, I noticed a VERY slow speed compared to what I was used to so I did a "lsusb" and "lsusb -t" and found this:

Code
    frands@Exill-OMV:/$ sudo lsusb
    Bus 001 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub
    Bus 002 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0003 Linux Foundation 3.0 root hub
    Bus 001 Device 002: ID 0e0f:0003 VMware, Inc. Virtual Mouse
    Bus 001 Device 003: ID 174c:55aa ASMedia Technology Inc.
    Bus 001 Device 004: ID 0e0f:0002 VMware, Inc. Virtual USB Hub
    Bus 001 Device 005: ID 0e0f:0002 VMware, Inc. Virtual USB Hub
    Bus 001 Device 006: ID 152d:0567 JMicron Technology Corp. / JMicron USA Technology Corp.

Code
    frands@Exill-OMV:/$ sudo lsusb -t
    /:  Bus 02.Port 1: Dev 1, Class=root_hub, Driver=xhci_hcd/4p, 5000M
    /:  Bus 01.Port 1: Dev 1, Class=root_hub, Driver=xhci_hcd/4p, 480M
        |__ Port 1: Dev 2, If 0, Class=HID, Driver=usbhid, 12M
        |__ Port 2: Dev 3, If 0, Class=stor., Driver=usb-storage, 480M
        |__ Port 3: Dev 4, If 0, Class=hub, Driver=hub/7p, 480M
            |__ Port 1: Dev 6, If 0, Class=stor., Driver=usb-storage, 480M
        |__ Port 4: Dev 5, If 0, Class=hub, Driver=hub/7p, 480M

Now I am really confused, because the USB 3.0 devices gets connected as a USB 2 device wich makes no sens at all and the USB 3.0 controller is there. ?(
    I have no idea what I have done wrong. I have tried to make a "Debian 7 x64" VM, where it warned me that USB 3.0 might not be supported by the operating system when I added the xHCI controller. But when I created a "Other 3.x Linux x64" VM there was no warning about the USB 3.0 controller.
    I have no idea why it won’t connect to the USB 3.0 ports and I REALLY need the speed because of the amount of data I transfer.
    Help ;(

• Did you try to ask on the vmware forums? or some debian dedicated forums?

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Upload Logfile via WebGUI/CLI
    #openmediavault on freenode IRC | German & English | GMT+1
    Absolutely no Support via PM!

• I made a Windows 10 VM and that gave me errors then I tried to Crystal Benchmark a USB drive, so i will head over to VMware now.
    I will post my result back here :)

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!