Openmediavault installation on my VPS within an OpenVZ container : filesystem issue

• Hi,

I have installed OMV on my virtual private server (bought at weloveservers.com) that runs a Debian 7 within one OpenVZ container.

I had a few trouble completing the installation but thanks to that forum I managed to go through common issues such as missing dependencies, apache2 / Nging conflict and in the end missing DNS address to be added manually.

It now works fine, and the behaviour of OMV is the same as the one I have on my local NAS. However, I am stuck with a crucial item to really make use of it : impossible to find any filesystem and then, impossible to deploy any of the services that require a volume field.

I am pretty sure it is linked with the openVZ container; I read quite a lot of documentations around the internet, but no actual lead to find a solution.

A bit more information about my conf :
    "fdisk -l" does not return anything (not even an error message !)
    "df" command line returns the following :

Filesystem 1K-blocks Used Available Use% Mounted on
    /dev/simfs 62914560 1984476 60930084 4% /
    none 1048576 4 1048572 1% /dev
    tmpfs 1048576 108 1048468 1% /tmp
    none 209716 1368 208348 1% /run
    none 5120 0 5120 0% /run/lock
    none 922620 4 922616 1% /run/shm
    none 102400 0 102400 0% /run/user

Any chance some of you already solved that ?

Thanks a lot in advance,

PS : Please, apologize if my explanations are poor; I am a linux newbie, and I must say that I do not know anything about openVZ except that it is not "classic" virtualization tool...

• You need to hook up a loop device to /dev/sdX if you want to get a data disk into OpenMediaVault.

http://superuser.com/questions…d-drive-to-occupy-dev-sdb

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Upload Logfile via WebGUI/CLI
    #openmediavault on freenode IRC | German & English | GMT+1
    Absolutely no Support via PM!

• Arg still stuck since loop device is not supported by openVZ.

I know that FUSE is supported.

Any other clue ? Do you think that mounting a local filesystem through sshfs would be possible ? I tried it so far but without sucess.

Does anyone have a suggestion ? I may not be the first one to try to install OMV on a hosted openVZ VPS ;)

Thanks again

• I may not be the first one to try to install OMV on a hosted openVZ VPS

Installing OMV on a VPS is like saying I want to install Windows on my TV... Not much people would do that.

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Upload Logfile via WebGUI/CLI
    #openmediavault on freenode IRC | German & English | GMT+1
    Absolutely no Support via PM!

• agreed ....

but still, there should be a way to get it !!

And is it possible to force the creation of the path while manually modifying the config.xml. When I look at it, I still have the uuid field to be filled in, which again does not exist in my case with the openVZ container...

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!