Upgrade to 2.0.x

• Offizieller Beitrag

They all work from my testing. Maybe a few glitches to clean up. Still no need to switch in my opinion unless you are developing plugins.

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Is there a rough timeframe when 2.x will be out of beta ? Or is the beta status only because of the plugin compatibility?

Is there a planned features list for 2.x because the roadmap in the wiki seems very old (http://wiki.openmediavault.org/index.php?title=Roadmap)

I double that - many resources out there are rather outdated... any plans to have something easily accessible out there where the interested can get an overview!?

Thanks,
    NAST

• Offizieller Beitrag

Jessie has been out a day... Read for Volker's guess on timeframe. Typically, only multimedia components are outdated on Debian. Its goal is stability not bleeding edge.

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

• Well I didn't think of Jessie in particular for the update, but its nice to know that OMV 3.x will be the Version to look out regarding that. I was more interested in the bigger changes that are coming to OMV itself (like configuration backup, etc). I think this kind of information would help people like me who rarely read the forum to decide whether they should update or wait.

So as far as the discussion on Mantis goes OMV 2.x major change is the new extjs version?

• Offizieller Beitrag

The jessie comment wasn't for your post. It was more about the outdated resources comment.

The change from extjs4 to extjs5 is the biggest change so far but 2.x is still in the early stages. Volker has said configuration backup can only happen when the backend database moves to a more advanced system. He also typically posts on the blog when adding major features. Otherwise, many features can be added by plugin. What feature are you looking for?

• Zitat

..The jessie comment wasn't for your post. It was more about the outdated resources comment....

( If the post was meant for me... which I kind a doubt)
    I was not talking about Jessie at all - the link has been out of date for quite some time now.

• Offizieller Beitrag

My mistake... I read many resources out of date and thought you were talking about Jessie (released yesterday).

Actually, while I agree it needs to be updated, there are still relevant items on that list... btrfs, generic database layer, dashboard, dane...

• How can I downgrade from 2.0.5 to 1.9? Yesterday I encountered the apt sources error and after fixing that I ran one command too many :) After the upgrade media plugins Sickbeard and CouchPotato became unresponsive in the webgui (could not really enable or disable, pressing the save button did not work and webgui menu became unresponsive after that until refreshed).

Update: Decided to post my question into a separate thread.

• Il would like to update OMV 1.16 to 2.04 but I have many problems.
    I have update source.list with generate link debian site.
    I have most 300 updates when I run the update command.
    And it's terminated, no webgui.... No rsync no samba only ssh ....
    It's normal to have very update on 1 month?
    I have update 0.5 to 1.0 and no similar problem.

Thanks

• Offizieller Beitrag

You probably had stable instead of wheezy in your sources.list and updated to jessie. You will probably have to restore from backup or install fresh.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!