Sata Controller Marvell 88SE9215 and JMB363

• Hi,

First of all, I want to congrats all the community, because OMV is amazing.

I bought a JMB363 sata controller with 4 ports ( http://www.ebay.com/itm/4-Port…er-bootable-/181697079372? ) to expand my sata doors.
    And I cant put it working on my OMV server. Has anyone tried it? How can I do it?

If this doesn't work, I was thinking on buying this one:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/4-Port…ain_0&hash=item1e95dd4bb8

Has anyone tried? It works?

My motherboard is a ASRock Q2900.

Thanks

• Offizieller Beitrag

I'm sure it works with the backports 3.16 kernel (install with button in omv-extras) if not the standard kernel.

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Offizieller Beitrag

Did you try an ahci firmware if available? Did you try changing settings in the card's bios? That chipset is old and is supported under linux with the right settings and/or firmware.

The other card should be supported by linux as well but no idea if it will have similar issues. I have used sil3132 cards without problems.

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Hi,
    all AHCI controllers should work out of the box on current linux distros.The difference between good and bad is typically performance and annoying features like fake raid. Make sure you disable all RAID features from the controller so that it works in AHCI mode and you should be good. If you want to go fancy and if you feel comfortable in cross-flashing firmware grab an IBM M1015 from ebay. These are SAS controllers that can connect up to 8 drives directly and up to 32 drives with an extender. They are typically below 100 bucks to its a hell lot of bang for the buck.
    Cheers
    Mic

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!