APT - Freaky update !?

• Hi

I just check the available updates and clicked "install" in the OMV GUI. As nothing happened I jumped to the console and checked manuall.

I was kinda surprised as I noticed that quite some packages are to be removed which I do not want, some will be new and other are hold back !? (I do not have additional repositories activated)

Can anyone enlighten me what's going on here?

Here is the apt output from my console:

• It is Debian man. It is supposed to help nubbs from creating conflicts on their machine. When you install packages there is a control file. It has all the dependencies for that package. If you happen to uninstall one of the dependencies it will remove all the other related dependencies. This also prevents you from installing different packages that do the the same type of service. You cannot install 2 FTP servers, like ProFTP and VSFTP, as an example. It is just something you have to live with in Debian. Fedora is my fav distro.

Your issue here is from recent mono upgrades. If you do the upgrades your mediabrowser install will be removed. Posts upgrading the mono packages you can:
    apt-get -f install
    then reinstall mediabrowser (the package you installed for webp and imagemagick are still there).
    after reinstalling mediabrowsre make sure to stop it "service mediabrowser stop"
    Fix thes config files in /opt/mediabrowser:

ImageMagickSharp:.dl.config
    Contents:
    <configuration>
    <dllmap dll="CORE_RL_Wand_.dll" target="libMagickWand-6.Q8.so" os="linux"/>
    </configuration>

MediaBrowserMediaInfo.dll.config
    Contents:
    <configuration>
    <dllmap dll="MediaInfo" target="libmediainfo.so" os="linux"/>
    </configuration>

Then start:
    service mediabrowser start

All you should have to do after any upgrade is fix this config files for now. That is until the plugin is upgraded.

• OK, thank so its just mono and media browser package.
    I thought something more serious was screwed up. I think I will wait for now, too much else going on for risking to screw up family movies ;)

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!