Data usage too high

• Hi,

I'm currently using something like a limited internet data plan, and my omv is using more data that I want.

These screenshots are examples of what I'm trying to explain, as you can see, everyday it expends 6-8 hours downloading something...

I would like to know if it's normal, and otherwise, what is causing the high use to disable it.

My installed plugins are jDownloader, eXtplorer, ownCloud and transmissionBT (which is disabled in the checkbox), and I have uninstalled others like plex and clamav, to see if something changes (no luck)...

Thanks in advance :)

• If you look at your parameter for the y axis that is not high. If it were higher the y axis would not be using kilobits. I would try to figure out what is doing that since the intervals seem to be at a certain times.

• wireshark may help identifying the source of the traffic. But it doesn't look like much traffic.

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Upload Logfile via WebGUI/CLI
    #openmediavault on freenode IRC | German & English | GMT+1
    Absolutely no Support via PM!

• Thank you all for the answers

I think it's not LAN traffic, because when I block WAN services on the router, no use takes place.

It may not seem too high, but 512Kbps is all the speed i have once I reach the monthly data limit. It's a lot of traffic for this connection, even though it does not occupy all the bandwidth...

I'll take a look at wireshark.

• May I ask which country/provider?

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Upload Logfile via WebGUI/CLI
    #openmediavault on freenode IRC | German & English | GMT+1
    Absolutely no Support via PM!

• Could be Cron daily. Omv runs a daily apt-get update command, also downloads the packages and leaves them ready for install.

It seems you're right.

I think the cron-apt gets stuck, trying to get the files over and over, or something like that. The log also explain the 250kbps limit

I'll try to change settings in /etc/cron-apt/config, and the CRON scheduling, and see if it works.

Any other recommendation?

Thank You

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!