How to downgrade from Stone Burner to Kralizec?

• I already posted this question in another thread, but then decided to open a new thread. Is there a safe way to downgrade from Stone burner to Kralizec?

• Offizieller Beitrag

You are still using Wheezy right? Or did you move up to Jessie?

As long as you're still on Wheezy, it should be fairly easy (note: I don't think this will save your current settings, so if that is important to you, look elsewhere).

Code
    apt-get remove openmediavault
    cd /etc/apt/sources.list.d
    ls  (to list the contents of the directory)
    Remove the openmediavault.list, and probably the omv-extras lists. (rm /path/to/filename)once youv'e removed the stoneburner lists.. 
    apt-get update 
    then use this command echo "deb [url]http://packages.openmediavault.org/public[/url] kralizec main" > /etc/apt/sources.list.d/openmediavault.list to add the kralizec repo back
    apt-get update
    apt-get install --reinstall openmediavault
  • Have to check. I installed OMV using the OMV ISO image. But I am not sure if that means that OMV will not upgrade to Jessie when using apt-get dist-upgrade.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Have to check. I installed OMV using the OMV ISO image. But I am not sure if that means that OMV will not upgrade to Jessie when using apt-get dist-upgrade.

If you installed using the OMV iso, there should be no fear of you being on Jessie...

You can check with the command lsb_release -a

• Hello. I've been using 1.18 for a while now and I didn't realize it had been updated. I saw that 2.x was still beta so I wanted to upgrade to 1.9. When I ran omv-release-upgrade, 2.0.7 was installed. I use the NAS for windows file share, as a dlna server, and I use the USB backup plugin. Everything seems to be working well after an hour of freaking out because of the web GUI not working due to browser cache. Is there anything I need to know or worry about while using this version? Thank you.

• Funny how many people consider 1.9 newer than 1.18 in software versioning.

1.18 was already the newest version of 1.0.

omv-release-upgrade is only used to upgrade between major versions, omv-update is for updates.

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Upload Logfile via WebGUI/CLI
    #openmediavault on freenode IRC | German & English | GMT+1
    Absolutely no Support via PM!

• Now that you say that, it makes perfect sense... 1.9 just seems like it would be the last step before 2.0.

Thatnks for the info. Everything seems to be working ok for me with the services I am running so I'll just leave it alone.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!