MiniDLNA releases

• Zitat von "ryecoaaron"

I installed the plugin on a system that didn't have minidlna on it previously. I think the service is failing to start because there is no /var/cache/minidlna directory. Therefore, it can't create the sqlite database. If you manually (as root) run mkdir /var/cache/minidlna from the command line, it should work. I'm guessing that is an easy fix for Marcel

I created the folder, but i can't get minidlna runnig. Hoping for a fix soon :)

• Hi, I just performed this as a crude fix for minidlna not starting up.

1) Uninstall the minidlna plugin.
    2) #apt-get purge minidlna
    3) #apt-get install minidlna
    4) Install minidlna plugin
    5) #service minidlna status <-- Should state minidlna is running.

• Uninstall/Reinstall + creation of /var/cache/minidlna folder worked for me.

Important to CHMOD the folder to 777.

• I don't have /var/cache/minidlna folder and minidlna runs just fine.

• Hi,
    the service is running OK... now create the directory becomes minidlna. :roll:

But a log file is still not created! (For me) :cry:

We all agree here that there is apparently a bug in the new minidlna 1025?

I want a "clean solution" in the form of a properly running off
    Update.

Placebo01

• So I upgraded to 1.0.25 and noticed the same issue, service was not running.

So I started the service manually with:

Code
    $ /etc/init.d/minidlna start

And that seemed to work, except that is not logging anything so I am not sure it's working or not. /var/log/minidlna.log is empty. I removed the log before starting it, so it did re-created it, but it doesn't write anything to it. Ps shows the service running as follows:

Code
    $ ps aux | grep mini
    minidlna 10608  0.0  0.0  22840  2896 ?    Ssl  21:41   0:00 /usr/sbin/minidlna -f /etc/minidlna.conf -P /var/run/minidlna/minidlna.pid -R

Any ideas why it's not logging? Or whether it's actually working?

• Zitat von "etsi"

mkdir /var/cache/minidlna
    chmod 777 /var/cache/minidlna

It worked.

No I didn't have that problem. That does not solve the lack of logging problem.

• Zitat von "bigcat"

And that seemed to work, except that is not logging anything so I am not sure it's working or not. /var/log/minidlna.log is empty. I removed the log before starting it, so it did re-created it, but it doesn't write anything to it. [...] Any ideas why it's not logging? Or whether it's actually working?

That's odd, my logfile is logging:

Zitat von "ryecoaaron"

Going through the source shows that the log level is user configurable. I wonder if 1.0.25 was compiled with the log level set to off. I will try compiling my own binary to see if it fixes it.

You could try first to activate log by editing config file /etc/minidlna.conf and restarting minidlna service

Code
    # set this if you would like to specify the directory where you want MiniDLNA to store its log file
    #log_dir=/var/log

# set this to change the verbosity of the information that is logged
    # each section can use a different level: off, fatal, error, warn, info, or debug
    #log_level=general,artwork,database,inotify,scanner,metadata,http,ssdp,tivo=warn
  • I wanted to understand so I tried to restart the minidlna service and guess what, service would not restart :D

I added /var/cache/minidlna/ folder with appropriate rights and was able to start the service. But now I don't have any logs in the /var/log/minidlna.log (not a big deal for me, but I can understand the frustration)

I would have thought that when I updated minidlna plugin to 1.0.25 version, the service would have been restarted automatically but it seems it was not the case. Since I did not restart my NAS or changed dlna config, I didn't see that the service could not start properly and wouldn't log anymore.

• Is there a way to just get installed the previous version of minidlna wich worked perfecly?

One thing i have discovered wich do not have to do with this plugin, or plugins in general.

But most of my logs and i system GUI is from january the 1?

• Zitat von "lindsay"

Is there a way to just get installed the previous version of minidlna wich worked perfecly?

I'm pretty sure you can download the older version directly from the repository using:

Code
    wget http://packages.omv-plugins.org/pool/main/m/minidlna/minidlna_1.0.24%2b2_all.deb

Remove the newer version after that and run:

Code
    dpkg -i minidlna_1.0.24+2_all.deb

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!