SMB Users/Group Missing

• Hello Guys,

I just wanted to know if someone had encounter this issue before.

I have a working OMV Server (connected to AD) running with DHCP (192.168.90.120) which I wanted to run on static, upon the time I changed it to 192.168.90.4 (static) -- samba no longer works.

Further investigating the issue, I found out that the users/group list on GUI doesn't have any content in it, where it should show all my AD Users.
    I manually tried restarting samba and winbind hoping it should refresh and detect the AD Connection but still no go.

I did "kinit" to it and it gave me a ticket.
    I tried to do "net ads join -U" and it generates error: Failed to join domain: failed to find DC for domain
    NOTE: I can ping the AD Server from the OMV Server which makes me more confuse why it cannot fine the DC for the domain.

I also run "testparm" which shows that the permission for shared folder still isn't change.

Attached is the screenshots (Hope it helps).

Thanks in advance.

• Just curios but do you happen to have your DNS setting(s) pointing to the AD Server IP address? I assume the AD server is also being used as a DNS server. Just from past experience I would point DNS to the AD server to resolve the issue you are seeing. Hopefully that will help or it's a good place to start checking. :)

• Thanks for the response mate.. however it doesn't seem to fixed it.
    After changing the /etc/resolve.conf and point it to AD, I restarted samba and winbind then rebooted the server -- still no go.

• Ok. I finally got everything working again. The issue was I had made the changes via ssh and OMV seem to revert it after the reboot.
    Made the changes (static IP) and DNS via GUI and it work! HAHA. Nice catch.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!