• Offizieller Beitrag

The plugin will work fine on arm systems. I was waiting for syncthing to put armhf and armel packages in their repo. Will have to check on that...

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Offizieller Beitrag

They have arm packages setup correctly now. So, update to the latest omv-extras (1.28) and you should be able to install from the web interface.

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

• Tried to install the plugin on my pi but I've got the following message inside the installation window:

• Offizieller Beitrag

Did you enable the btsync repo? Are you updated on OMV (ie running 1.18 or newer)?

• Checked both points: OMV runs with version 1.19 and btsync is enabled. But I havn't updated the other packages beside OMV and plugins. :) After I updated them the installation of syncthing finished without any problems or error messages.
    Thanks for the fast response!

• For some reason the syncthing client on OMV does not update.
    On the other clients syncthing updates automatically, but this option is not available on OMV. I also checked for updates in plugins and the update manager. Currently openmediavault-syncthing 1.4 and syncthing v0.11.6 is installed.
    The update may also result in higher transfer speeds, as a bug was fixed with v0.11.7, as mentioned in the release notes.

• Offizieller Beitrag

The plugin uses Syncthing's repo. So, whatever version is in there is what we get. They disabled the automatic update. It is meant to be updated the debian way when using that package.

That said, my system is showing 0.11.10 as available for download. Maybe this is affecting your updates??

• Hi there,
    when I updated syncthing, I always have to manually restart syncthing in the Web GUI to adopt the new update. This behaviour is shown either when I make the update via CLI or when I do it via update manager. However, I would expect that the update triggers automatically the adoption of the new syncthing version in OMV, but perhaps I am wrong with this?

OpenMediaVault 6.x (most recent stable version) -- 64 bit -- OMV-Extras 6.x (most recent stable version) -- Default Kernel

• Offizieller Beitrag

Since this is updating the syncthing package and not the plugin, the plugin doesn't know that it is being updated. The best I could do is add a button to restart syncthing.

• Thanks ryecoaaron for the clarification and your suggestion towards a restart button. Alternatively, only a message could be displayed like "Please restart syncthing to adopt the recent update" if that would be easier to implement.

OpenMediaVault 6.x (most recent stable version) -- 64 bit -- OMV-Extras 6.x (most recent stable version) -- Default Kernel

• Offizieller Beitrag

Version 1.6 in repo now. It has a restart button in the admin tab but there really isn't a good place to put the note.

• Thanks ryecoaaron for the lightspeed release of version 1.6 :)

Version 1.6 in repo now. It has a restart button in the admin tab but there really isn't a good place to put the note.

I fully agree with you on the missing place for the note. Perhaps it would make some sense for beginner users (see nmq`s posting above) to name the "restart" button to "restart syncthing" button in a future release of the syncthing plugin.

• Offizieller Beitrag

I am just testing across my lan and it is working fast (lots of small files) = 11 MiB/s.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!