Remote - share (Not working) HELP!!

• Hello World,

Apologies, if this thread already exist.

I am new to OMV and PI

I am making my office NAS (mybooklive 1TB) to connect with PI and OMV.
    I used the raspberry pi image to install the OMV and then remote share plugin from the repo.

I created the users and all now I want to share the NAS (mybooklive) with the users which is not happening

Can anyone tell me how I can add the NAS and share with users?

Below are the current software details;================================================================================
    = OS/Debian information
    ================================================================================
    Distributor ID: raspbian
    Description: Raspbian GNU/Linux 7 (wheezy)
    Release: 7.8
    Codename: wheezy

================================================================================
    = OpenMediaVault information
    Release: 1.17
    Codename: Kralizec

I would appreciate any support I can get on this!

Cheers

I have been reading the forums since morning and was looking for this but no success if anyone knows any guide, please share !

some screenshot below

• Hi there,

first of all you must create "shared folder", that is under Access rights management. there you are creating a shared folder on some disk, then you must enable samba and in samba create also shared folder, but the one that you have created in shared folder menu

i also see from your screenshot, that you dont have mapped the 1TB hard disk, try manually create it, if you dont see the hard drive in options, you must mount it manually to your fstab

omv 6.0 in proxmox 7.1-10 - AMD Ryzen 1700 - 48GB DDR4 :thumbup:

• thanks for the response, can you guide me how to mount the 1TB harddisk in to the file systems (manually)

also what I understood from you, is to mount/mapped the 1TB harddisk then go to shared folder and click on samba.

Add a share folder by giving the IP address of NAS in the server section then shared name (which is a folder I want to share from NAS) and lastly select the shared folder which will have the volume and path of the mount/mapped 1TB harddisk

Is this the correct procedure?

Thanks again

• you want to add an harddrive that is connected to your router? i think that will be issue...
    but you have in OMV option that calls Remote Shares under Services

omv 6.0 in proxmox 7.1-10 - AMD Ryzen 1700 - 48GB DDR4 :thumbup:

• Offizieller Beitrag

I'm trying me too to add an external drive mounted directly to my home router but without success.. it doesn't recognize the host..

What model router? Is it safe to assume the router is sharing the drive via SMB?

Create a shared folder (under OMV). This is where the remote share will be mounted for use in the webUI.
    Server IP (that's probably going to be the IP of your router)
    Share Name... whatever your router names the share.
    Shared Folder... the folder you created on OMV to mount the share.

That said.. is there any way you can just plug the drive into the USB port on your NAS?

• you want to add an harddrive that is connected to your router? i think that will be issue...
    but you have in OMV option that calls Remote Shares under Services

Yes i know i was trying to use it.. but it's not easy because the router has a particular config.

What model router? Is it safe to assume the router is sharing the drive via SMB?

Create a shared folder (under OMV). This is where the remote share will be mounted for use in the webUI.
    Server IP (that's probably going to be the IP of your router)
    Share Name... whatever your router names the share.
    Shared Folder... the folder you created on OMV to mount the share.

That said.. is there any way you can just plug the drive into the USB port on your NAS?

The model is DGND3700v2 Netgear. It automatically maps the drive under this path \\192.168.0.1\remoteshare\USB_Drive and it's not possible to modify it. I have tried to add in all possible way with that path but it's not recognizing it (with the RemoteShare plugin). It says that is not a valid.

Code
    Failed to execute command 'omv-mkconf remoteshare 2>&1': Retrying with upper case share name mount error(6): No such device or address Refer to the mount.cifs(8) manual page (e.g. man mount.cifs)

I can only mount it manually in ssh but it's not working in OMV.. I don't really know why..
    No worries I will wait my new usb hub powered and I will connect it directly to the Raspi.

Many thanks
    Dan

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!