RAID 5 - RAID status not OK. Exiting...failed!

• All,

i have currently slight issues with my OMV instance. I have extended my RAID 5 array yesterday which was composed of 3 disks and added a 4th one to the array. It took several hours and I thought this will be completed in the middle of the night. This morning my NAS was unfortunately switched off. I turned it on but the webgui was not accessible.

I have plugged a monitor to the HP N54L Microserver ProLiant but the console is just giving me the output how the system is starting and gets stuck with the message:

Checking file systems...fsck from util-linux 2.20.1
    raid: clean x/x files, xx/xx blocks
    [ 241.576........] INFO: task md127_raid5: 247 blocked for more than 120 seconds

Can anybody advise me how to proceed with this? My assumption has been that in general OMV just tries to rebuild the array and resync the drives, but it is stated already that the raid is clean so therefore I am not sure why this instance does not boot.

Thank you.

• Hi guys!

Looks like I have exactly the same issue here. I had my Raid5 EXT4 with 4 HDD's, 3TB each.
    Deccided to add another, 5th drive (same 3TB size, formatted in Windows NTFS ).
    I've started "resize", marked new drive and leave admin panel. After several hours I wanted to log in to OMV, but it was shut down.
    After powering on, I couldn't log in. I have same information as nomax on connected screen.

Later I've discoverd, that when I disconnect ONE of the drives, I can log in to OMV (OMV starts, but I can see info "RAID status not OK. Exiting...failed).

When I'm looged in, I see all connected HDD's, but no RAID, no files
    device n/a
    label n/a
    mounted no
    refferenced yes
    status missing

I would be greatfull for any help, cos now it looks like I've lost almoust 12TB of my stuff.

OMV 2.2.5

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!