Posts by popdisk

This error is strange because the module openmediavault exports the method bool, see https://github.com/openmediava…ediavault/__init__.py#L26.

Really strange, i copy def bool block from __init__.py to settings.py and edit the reference in __bool__ and it works well. While with the raw import openmediavault, python says openmediavault has no attribute 'bool' which exists. By the way, the system python3 version is 3.7.3 .

New: It has been fixed in the next update.

The before 5.5.16 installation was done without any problem. And besides the upgrade, i found"omv-env" command makes similar error, too.

This HOWTO question is not easy to answer. I mean that the softwares can be migrated while plugins can't. In general, if you want to migrate a in-use software to docker, the migrated parts are data and configuration. I'm not going to write a detailed guide here, but I could give some instructions.

Google for reference because a software may have it's addtional needs in docker versioin.

1. figure out the storage path of data and config files

2. choose a suitable docker image and read the overview

3. prepare to deploy containers, perform a backup of data before operating is a good idea

4. set up the container like network type (host/bridge), port mapping if neccesary, envrionment variables, volume binds and ...

5. if the container works not well, you may go back to the previous step and do some modification

My containers from omv4 work well in omv5 after system reinstalling. To me, docker can almost satisfy my requirement. Some plugins really make things easy, but they need maintenance. It's likely that developers may not work on them in future. I know that letsencrypt, nginx and MySQL can be replace by docker version though they may not has easy config GUI as the deprecated plugins. However, if you don't mind new patches and functions, holding on old version is still a choice.

It seems the plugin had no longer support 3.x and no updates in the future. But you can still use calibre server on 3.x without the plugin.

I changed the partition of my NVME, the swap took 8GB, I reduced it to 1GB to recover the rest.On the contrary what I do not understand is that in the parameters of plex the database is not on my NVME but on my array RAID

However, you could restart plexmediaserver in OMV-GUI to apply the datebase setting. Be carefully, you may lost your data saved in /var/lib/plexmediaserver.

I failed to install docker or purge the docker-plugin(it's ok to just remove the plugin). I tried the steps in this ticket, it worked until i restart the machine. Any idea

Code
    Setting up docker-engine (17.05.0~ce-0~debian-jessie) ...
    Job for docker.service failed. See 'systemctl status docker.service' and 'journalctl -xn' for details.
    invoke-rc.d: initscript docker, action "start" failed.
    dpkg: error processing package docker-engine (--configure):
    subprocess installed post-installation script returned error exit status 1
    Code
    Purging configuration files for openmediavault-docker-gui (3.1.8) ...
    Failed to stop docker.socket: Unit docker.socket not loaded.
    dpkg: error processing package openmediavault-docker-gui (--purge):
    subprocess installed post-removal script returned error exit status 5
    Errors were encountered while processing:
    openmediavault-docker-gui
    E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1)

It seems to be resolved after i manaully cleaned up the docker configuration by executing

Code
    rm -r /var/lib/docker

Deteting the docker groupe may be the solution to installation error. Though I still failed to purge the package, I could successfully reinstall it.

dpkg -l | grep docker*
    pc openmediavault-docker-gui 3.1.8 amd64 OpenMediaVault plugin for Docker

apt-get purge openmediavault-docker-gui

The following packages will be REMOVED:
    openmediavault-docker-gui*
    0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 1 to remove and 0 not upgraded.
    After this operation, 0 B of additional disk space will be used.
    Do you want to continue? [Y/n] y
    (Reading database ... 125559 files and directories currently installed.)
    Removing openmediavault-docker-gui (3.1.8) ...
    Purging configuration files for openmediavault-docker-gui (3.1.8) ...
    Failed to stop docker.socket: Unit docker.socket not loaded.
    dpkg: error processing package openmediavault-docker-gui (--purge):
    subprocess installed post-removal script returned error exit status 5
    Errors were encountered while processing:
    openmediavault-docker-gui
    E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1)

I have used the latest stable version of OMV and all packages are up-to-date.The kernel is backports(3.16).Recently i found this problem and the machine worked well before.It wont shutdown when i choose the button on webUI.OMV service has stopped but debian still works.Even i use the command "shutdown -h now" in ssh,it wont power off as well.The only way to turn it off is holding the power button for several seconds to force it halted.However,this way is not healthy for PC.

I installed calibre-plugin for a try. I've been importing the books by plugin GUI and it only showed endless 'Please waiting' without any output. I guess it was copying my books into its database though the speed was really slow. Once I interrupted the import progress, the calibre GUI would be no longer accessible which showed 'Error 500--Internal Server Error' and I had to remove all files in its database to make it re-work. It seems like something wrong in calibre but not plugin. I'm not sure.

Backports kernel is 3.16. Regular kernel is 3.2.

Usually the kernel just causes slower speeds and/or other features to not work well. I haven't seen samba crash. How do you know samba is crashing or is the transfer just stopping? Is it segfaulting…

Ths. The backports kernel seems working though I don't know why the 3.2.0 kernel(which is newer) will cause problem. The speed seldom reach above 100m/s, but often on 80-90m/s steadily. And the speed won't drop sharply. No crash and eth0 down occured up to now.