Beiträge von operacoes@mls.com.br

Thanks for the help ryecoaaron and votdev.

Your modification will be overwritten if you make any network changes in the web interface. Better question is why do you want another IP address on the same adapter?

I have three diferent ip ranges 192.168.10, 20 and 50 /24 in my internal network. They are all connected in my network and i am not using vlan to "undo" this chaos. The linux servers and some windows all use the main ip and a secondary ip to communicate.

Use the "Add VLAN" menu.

votdev i added the vlan using the secondary ip on it but i can not ping this ip. I added as vlan1 and now is eth1.1 on the GUI. The IP is up because i can arping it but not ping. Is there another way?

;)

Hello guys,

Using the GUI I couldn' t add a secondary ip address. Do you know if I can add it using CLI and using the network restart?

This is how it is working now
    # eth1 network interface
    auto eth1
    allow-hotplug eth1
    iface eth1 inet static
    address 192.168.10.149
    gateway 192.168.10.254
    netmask 255.255.255.0

This is the modification I need to do
    # eth1 network interface
    auto eth1
    allow-hotplug eth1
    iface eth1 inet static
    address 192.168.10.149
    gateway 192.168.10.254
    netmask 255.255.255.0

auto eth1:1
    allow-hotplug eth1:1
    iface eth1:1 inet static
    address 192.168.20.149
    netmask 255.255.255.0

Will it work? I mean, will the network work with that configuration?

Thanks for the help! ;)

Hello guys,

I've just installed the 2.1 version of omv. This is the second hardware that i am installing this version. The first one worked just fine.

The installation had no error. After the boot, using the web interface and trying to activate some service, like ssh or active the SMART on each device, some errors pop up. Bellow are two errors:

1 - The notification configuration, after click on save.

Error #6000:exception 'OMVException' with message 'Failed to decode content (filename=/var/lib/openmediavault/dirtymodules.json): ' in /usr/share/php/openmediavault/util.inc:284Stack trace:#0 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/module.inc(365): OMVJsonFile->read()#1 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/module.inc(55): OMVModuleMgr->setModuleDirty('smartmontools')#2 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/module.inc(45): OMVModuleAbstract->setDirtyByName('smartmontools')#3 [internal function]: OMVModuleAbstract->setDirty(8, 'org.openmediava...', Array)#4 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/notify.inc(124): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)#5 /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/notification.inc(288): OMVNotifyDispatcher->notify(8, 'org.openmediava...', Array)#6 [internal function]: OMVRpcServiceEmailNotification->set(Array, Array)#7 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpcservice.inc(125): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)#8 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc.inc(79): OMVRpcServiceAbstract->callMethod('set', Array, Array)#9 /usr/sbin/omv-engined(500): OMVRpc::exec('EmailNotificati...', 'set', Array, Array, 1)#10 {main}

2 - Activating SMART on each disk.

Error #6000:exception 'OMVException' with message 'Failed to decode content (filename=/var/lib/openmediavault/dirtymodules.json): ' in /usr/share/php/openmediavault/util.inc:284Stack trace:#0 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/module.inc(365): OMVJsonFile->read()#1 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/module.inc(55): OMVModuleMgr->setModuleDirty('smartmontools')#2 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/module.inc(45): OMVModuleAbstract->setDirtyByName('smartmontools')#3 [internal function]: OMVModuleAbstract->setDirty(2, 'org.openmediava...', Array)#4 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/notify.inc(124): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)#5 /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/smart.inc(419): OMVNotifyDispatcher->notify(2, 'org.openmediava...', Array)#6 [internal function]: OMVRpcServiceSmart->setDeviceSettings(Array, Array)#7 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpcservice.inc(125): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)#8 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc.inc(79): OMVRpcServiceAbstract->callMethod('setDeviceSettin...', Array, Array)#9 /usr/sbin/omv-engined(500): OMVRpc::exec('Smart', 'setDeviceSettin...', Array, Array, 1)#10 {main}

PS.: I've also installed via apt-get tcpdump, arping and iptraf. No error was reported during the installation of these.

Thanks for the help! ;)