Posts by z-vap

I just stood up my omv5 system and I seem to be having trouble understanding whether or not snapraid is scheduling itself or not. I do see that in the config tab it claims a scrub is scheduled every 7 days but I am not seeing that in crontab.

Also the Scheduled Diff does not seem to stay "email enabled" despite the numerous times i've attempted to enable it.

Any thouhts on this? Should i setup a manual script, or trust the config?

For omv4 I had access to the omv-extras plugin Nginx. For omv5 seems there is no plugin now. Is there something builtin that can provide this for me, or what are our options?

Thanks for the reply. Ok I am very confused now. Should I use the php default config like you mentioned or use the pool that we create in earlier step? I dug in more and found out that, for some reason (this bug needs to be investigated), the .conf and .sock file was not created for the pool that we created and hence fastcgi_pass $socket wasn't working like @z-vap had faced. I saved the pool config again, and this time .conf and .sock were created for the pool. So after that, I changed it back to fastcgi_pass $socket and I didn't face 502 Bad Gateway. Now back to my bigger problem, if we're using the pool, we shouldn't use the PHP default config right?

This is an interesting observation. I will need to save this for the future.

Thanks, Stramm, but like i said, I fixed it by editing my fastcgi_pass $socket; to something else. I am just trying to understand why set $socket "unix:/var/run/fpm-xxxxxxxxxxxx.sock was incorrect on my second attempt at this.

Quote from tinh_x7

set $socket ...... in the /etc/nginx/sites-available/zzz-omv-nginx) is auto generated for you, no need to modify that.

... yeah, and mine was "autogenerated" wrong.

I ran into this issue very recently (502 Bad Gateway). I started over with my nextcloud install and could not understand why i suddenly was getting this. the fastcgi_pass was set as fastcgi_pass $socket but the socket variable (above in the /etc/nginx/sites-available/zzz-omv-nginx) was now set to a non-existent .sock file.

Code
    set $socket "unix:/var/run/fpm-1f5eeee0-742c-4158-93ec-babe9f746212.sock";

I located my sock file (/var/run/php5-fpm.sock;) and set my code to that

Code
    fastcgi_pass unix:/var/run/php5-fpm.sock;

Like I said it did work at first, but for some reason when I started over (deleting everything) it broke, as the $socket variable was not set accurately.

Does anyone know why that is?

Ok i do have a question: this guide seems to be geared toward having nextcloud running on the root directory of the listed website. I would like for it to run in a subdirectory. I did review the subdir code on the nextcloud page but for some reason I cannot get it to work. I get a login page but when I click logon, it doesn't work.

I guess I can start over but I would like some advice for whomever attempted this

EDIT: I tried following this https://docs.nextcloud.com/ser…l/installation/nginx.html and I used those SubDir settings from add_header X-Content-Type-Options nosniff; on down, and its working now. I used the gzip off and fast-cgi settings from @tinh_x7 guide. Also the server is pointing to www instead of nextcloud.

I swear I did this already and It was working, but then broke. So I'll see how long it lasts

EDIT2: I guess if i do have a question, it would be how can i get the URL to point to openmediavault.local:{port}/nextcloud instead of it being localhostopenmediavault.local:{port}

I just need to say thanks to @tinh_x7 for all the work he's done here. The biggest question i have is how in the world did you fugure out step 3 (3. Add this to your Nginx extra options). I swear I would be locked up in a nut house if I had to figure any of that out.

Hello all. hope everyone is doing well these days. I have two questions:

1. Is this guide good to use with OMV 3.xx?

2. The very first step (Installation) suggests to download the .deb from bintray. I cannot find any .deb files on that site at all. I admit that I am somewhat of a noob with regards to bintray usage.

Thanks for any assistance

I am just discovering dockers (woohoo). One question i have is some of the text that displays is light grey on white. Can that text be made a little darker? its kind of hard to read.

EDIT: Are the only dockers that are available the ones from the docker repo tab? Or can others be used? I tried one that wasn't listed and it gave me permission errors all over the place.

I should have noted I am using OMV 3. Does that change anything for you?

To the screen I received this error:"

Code
    Failed to execute XPath query '/config/services/sabnzbd'. Failed to execute XPath query '/config/services/sabnzbd'.

...so I preceded to download the tar from sabnzbd's repo and I exploded it (following instructions from earlier in this thread), then I noticed that Couch had two empty directories in /opt/, so I uninstalled that plugin. Uninstalling that, finished installing sabnzbd. Weird.

in the term.log this was listed:
    dpkg: error processing package openmediavault-sabnzbd (--configure):
    subprocess installed post-installation script returned error exit status 5
    Processing triggers for openmediavault (3.0.46) ...
    Restarting engine daemon ...
    Processing triggers for systemd (215-17+deb8u5) ...
    Errors were encountered while processing:
    openmediavault-sabnzbd

So I am waffling between doing:

• a custom Ubuntu/Debian build w/ Webmin, mergerfs, /var moved to the tmpfs, on USB.
    • OMV w/ mergerfs, flashmemory plugin, etc

MY concern with going with OMV lies with the plugins. 2.0 is stable, 3.x is in beta, but it seems all the good plugins are in the beta camp, and nothing new is coming to the 2.0 branch. Is it possible to use OMV, and if there is no plugin, to go with apt-get for installs instead?

I really would like to use OMV but the plugin system is really hindering my decision to to move forward. Any advice?
    Thanks