Posts by johnnyb

That should not be necessary, I have this currently on OMV4 and the option nofail is not included in the mergerfs mount point and it should not be necessary what trapexit it pointing out is that if the individual drives already have nofail, which in OMV they do, then mergerfs will mount. If a drive does not have that or fails then the megerfs will not mount.

I have the same microserver with mergerfs and snapraid and it runs flawlessly, I have also tried and tested OMV5 in a VM with mergerfs and snapraid setting it up exactly as it is on my OMV4 and I've not needed to add that option, it does what says on the tin.

My snapraid/mergerfs/luks setup was similarly flawless on OMV4, it's only been since the move to OMV5 these boot issues have started. I suspect it was the nofail flag all along (and not the encrypted drives) that caused initial issues.

The last boot fail came after I did a hard reset due to the system stalling on a large file size copy between two drives- the source drive subsequently dropped from OMV.

No issues since nofail flag. Can't explain it, but moving on to learning how to balance my media folder between old and new drives.

So looks like a fstab issue- the mergerfs filesystem is failing the boot.

The drives it points to were encrypted through CLI though unlocked through OMV GUI, perhaps that’s the issue. I’ll wipe everything and start again.

I have a Proliant N54L with BIOS hack unlocking 5th drive. Was running OMV4 over Debian on a partitioned SSD without issues. 5x HDD with luksencryption (unlocking with a file).

Tried to upgrade to OMV5 but that failed so went with a fresh install, same setup but installing over Debian to a 16Gb USB (tried OMV ISO but presume the flash drive is too small for direct install).

All good, set everything up, installed Extras and Docker etc, but on first reboot after being able to load GUI I can’t boot. Have tried fresh install again, same result. Tried with updated kernel, still the same.

The error is-

You are in emergency mode. After logging in, type “journalctl -xb” to view system logs, “systemctl reboot” to reboot, “systemctl default” or “exit” to boot into default mode.

The red errors in journalctl -xb are-

Base address is zero, assuming no IPMI interface

ERST: Failed to get Error Log Address Range

APEI: Can not request [mem 0xdfab6a3] for APEI BERT registers

usbhid 1-3.1:1:1: couldn’t find an input interrupt endpoint

sd 6:0:0:0 [sda] No caching mode page found

Sd 6:0:0:0 [sda] Assuming drive cache: write through

Opemmediavault.local blkmapd[290]: open pipe file /run/rpc_pipefs/nfs/blocklayout failed: No such file or directory

Opemmediavault.local kernel: kvm: disabled by bios

Opemmediavault.local systemmd[1]: Timed out waiting for device /dev etc (all the HDD drives)

Opemmediavault.local nfsdcltrack[475]: Failed to init database: -13

And the last message is -

The process /bin/plymouth could not be executed and failed. The error number returned by this process is ERRNO.

Help? Thanks.

Another update from me- ended up abandoning encrypted system drive and everything seems to be working OK with a dedicated docker user/group.

Even having an encrypted partition only for the config files meant settings weren't saved on reboots- it was just too complicated.

Update from me- think I sorted it.

Not surprisingly it was probably my error all along in the end. With PUID/PGID I had created new users for the specific containers (plex, sonarr etc) under the group 'media', in an attempt to separate out users.

I changed this to my default user and group and have rebooted after loading each container- docker survives.

Thanks again ryecoaaron.

That was just a guess. You could try other targets like multi-user.target

Thanks for spending time on this ryecoaaron- appreciate it.

I reinstalled with GUI after going through the motions manually removing and cleaning up (sorry didn't record the errors).

Docker survives reboots when I have no containers loaded. As soon as I run an image, it doesn't survive a reboot.

No but it would look something like:
    sudo nano /etc/systemd/system/docker.service.d/override.conf
    add these lines:
    [Unit]
    After=local-fs.target

No luck unfortunately, same errors.

Trying to uninstall the plugin via GUI again just seems to break things.

Sounds like docker is starting before you unlock the filesystem. Try adding a systemd override file that makes the docker service wait for the local filesystem.

Thanks for the post ryecoaaron, have you got a link to help me through creating such a file?

Also- is there any significance to these error messages-

Your kernel does not support swap memory limit
    Your kernel does not support cgroup rt period
    Your kernel does not support cgroup rt runtime

Update- got impatient so though I'd just reinstall.

Bad idea- incomplete uninstall via OMV, locked apt-get, manual reboots and apt remove are also unsuccessful.

Something bad seems to have happened- this is the error on reinstall-

I had docker working perfectly with plex etc- no dramas.

I've got luks encryption so followed some guides using dropbear to remote unlock- that is working now too.

But now docker isn't working- I can't quite work out the connection between the two- this is the error

Code
    Error #0:
    OMVModuleDockerException: Error: "Operation timed out after 30001 milliseconds with 0 bytes received" - Code: 28 in /usr/share/omvdocker/Utils.php:73
    Stack trace:
    #0 /usr/share/omvdocker/Utils.php(196): OMVModuleDockerUtil::doApiCall('http://localhos...')
    #1 /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/docker.inc(211): OMVModuleDockerUtil::getImageList(42005, true)
    #2 [internal function]: OMVRpcServiceDocker->getImages(Array, Array)
    #3 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(123): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
    #4 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/rpc.inc(86): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->callMethod('getImages', Array, Array)
    #5 /usr/sbin/omv-engined(536): OMV\Rpc\Rpc::call('Docker', 'getImages', Array, Array, 1)
    #6 {main}

Along with a 'Bad Gateway' error. I had set a static IP in initramfs.conf- I deleted that and put a manual IP in my router (so I could still SSH in to unlock on a static IP), no difference.

Help please- thanks.

Having the same issue- even with the default 4G.

Fresh install of OMV4 over Debian9, have a SnapRAID pool created.

Pics attached. Error message attached.

Does the sonarr user have rw access to the all the directories holding your shows?

Yeah the Sonarr user has RW to the tvshows folder, and the config folder where the posters are kept is owned by Sonarr.

Just noticed another random series that initially added correctly is now going into a refresh loop and eventually freezes Sonarr requiring a restart via command line.

Just wondering if there is any solution to this issue. I did a fresh OMV install including Sonarr- which was previously working perfectly. The new install is not able to add a number of existing series that were previously managed by Sonarr- the most obvious problem is posters not downloading and the same error (MediaCoverMapper) and an endless update loop which eventually crashes Sonarr.

Interestingly when I try to add the series fresh from TVDB the poster is still not showing for these specific series.

I'm wondering if this is a Sonarr -> TVDB interface issue rather than Sonarr on OMV, but just wondering if there was any other troubleshooting ideas.